Archived Niemann Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have seen things sell in dribs and drabs at my store...couple girls' dresses here, a suitcase there....the 50% off sale/signage got things moving a bit better, a few guests bought several 70% off items all at once...a lot of the stuff is just collecting dust...

A very...hm...ambitious venture for both retailers...so far, I have to say that I think that if Neiman-Marcus wants a piece of the commoners' dollar, and Target wants to completely shed its image as an alternative to the vast, untidy " 'Marts" of the masses, they're gonna need a Plan B...maybe even C

It looks like Marc "Douchebag" Jaacobs changed his mind. All his stuff was out on the floor

I bought the dog dish and shot glasses the other day. I love my dog, but not enough to pay full price for that overpriced bowl.

Our bike finally sold, at a price appropriate for a steel-framed women's model with a basket, fenders, and Shimano Nexus internal 3-speed hub. I was dreading the possibility of being assigned to throw my handiwork, and a perfectly serviceable piece of transportation, into the compactor.

After going 70% at my store it still hasn't sold! I have already selected a pallet and the boxes to ship it back! LMAO

I vote all the unsold bikes get shipped back to the designer to be stuck with. If you are going to design something like that, you ought to be the one to deal with it.

This. They're perfectly good bikes, there's no reason why they should have to be tossed. It's like throwing $500 into the compactor.

Ours didn't leave until it was 70% off. There's still a bit left too. I wish our bike had made it...I wanted it! Haha.

I was waiting on my paycheck (yesterday) to buy the R&B sweaters and they sold out in-store and on the website before I got it into my checking account. I got my little brother one though.

I wonder if people will lose jobs for this disaster.
http://business.time.com/2013/01/02/epic-retail-fail-where-did-the-target-neiman-marcus-collection-go-wrong/

I found this ammusing although I am sure HQ did not.
Some Neiman Marcus shoppers complained on the brand’s Facebook page that the items intended to be sold at Target were made in China, and that Target’s customer service was poor. (You’d assume the big shelves of stuff for a dollar near the front doors would tip off shoppers that this isn’t the place to go for hand-holding service.)

Read more: http://business.time.com/2013/01/02...man-marcus-collection-go-wrong/#ixzz2HClUPGkl

For the most part, however, experts say that the collection exuded an out-of-touch, let-them-eat-cake worldview

Too true.

Ours sold at 50% off. I actually had someone call today and ask if we had one. I nearly laughed, trying to figure out if they were serious.

On another note, why is this crap still on the sales floor? Since it's no longer returnable, Target is just inviting trouble.

According to target.com, you now have until the 15th to return it.

I tried to do a NM return today for a guest and the system wouldn't let me. She had just bought it last night and needed a different size. Boy was she pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back