Archived Niemann Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge bust.

Company wide email went out today at 12p saying to move it all to the front of the store right in front of the registers. Have like 1-2 of each items as if they don't buy it now they won't get it.

Total LOLZ. I mean, this is a bigger flop than the Shops candy and stuff which had a 500% markup in a different case to what was an aisle over.

LOL Someone getting fired over this.

you guys can send it all to my store because we have not a single thing left. Not even the two bikes we got.

It sold reasonably well at my store. I wonder what the timeline of this stuff is? Because I can see it slowly selling down as the season gets closer to C-Day.

We had roughly ~30 people in the morning at our store, but I was in the backroom tonight and we had so much left over. Sucks too because my store is a high-volume store, so we're going to be getting all the left overs that the other stores can't get rid of lol....great!

Good news for you TargetON.... according to the packet about the set, there will be ABSOLUTELY NO RESUPPLY ON NIEMANN MARCUS PRODUCT AS IT WAS ALL BEING FRONT LOADED!!!!! Thank God for that!!!!

I thought our district was one of the few that did the door greeter thing as well as moving it to the front of softlines right next to the checklanes. Thankfully we had a cashier who used to be a used car salesman who is also an excellent people person to be our door greeter! Ever since Missoni I feel like corporate believes they hit the nail on the head with EVERY designer launch. Missoni was a freak occurance that somehow sold out company wide in a few hours...

We've sold very little off it. Had to be in early for crowd control...it was really more of a waste of my time. It seemed the big wooden tray was the biggest seller that morning (for whatever reason). We had several guests gush about how heavy it was, and how sturdy it felt. Moments later, when they dropped it, it cracked. Then they changed their tune and stated, "Well, its their own fault for making it so heavy." Really?

Yeah we had to have a greeter, too....completely ridiculous waste of payroll if you ask me! The lanes were backed up like crazy, but they wouldn't let me pull my cashier back where she belonged because she had to tell people who couldn't care less where the NM stuff was. I've got an idea, how about next time you put the stuff up front where people can see it instead of hiding it in the back by the fitting room?

i love it when the guest got the NM designer list by the greeter & forgot where to go find it. straight ahead 6 feet...(me holding back laughing) just smiling & say here it is.

I didn't work today but it's been a bust at my store too. People come in to look at it and try stuff on, but that's it. We have 3 bikes... allegedly started off with 4. Someone called about the beaded Marchesa girls' dresses (I think those are so pretty, but overpriced) last night. She said she was gonna come buy two today. Some other people came in because they'd heard about it but they hadn't checked the website to see what was in the collection. They were disappointed that TB only did the lunchbox and thermos lol. Also disappointed that Marchesa didn't do any adult size dresses.

I and a couple coworkers tried the lace dress on. It's really pretty. I don't have anywhere to wear it to though, and I'm single so I don't have anyone to zip it up if I ever wore it.

Well, after seeing the Neiman offerings, what do you think?

The line bombed here. We even resorted to having greeters at the front door trying to push the sales.

If I bought any of it, I think it would be the cookie cutters. Although, the little girls' beaded white dresses would make wonderful flower girl dresses.

If I bought any of it, I think it would be the cookie cutters. Although, the little girls' beaded white dresses would make wonderful flower girl dresses.

You know, the toddler dresses were the only thing I liked. I thought the womens clothing was too senior and the one floral dress was pretty, but soo badly made.

Last edited:
I personally want the Marc Jacobs scarf, because I love the designer, and I love scarves. I just don't know if I can justify spending $60-70 on a scarf.

Neimann doesn't seem to be doing too well at my store. It was set up originally by the fitting room, in RTW plus/maternity. But since it wasn't getting much attention, it was moved to girl's, right in front of the registers. We had two bikes, now down to one.

ETA: Ok, I thought we sold a bike. Now I don't know. There's one on the floor, but I just saw today that we have like 5-6 in the backroom that I didn't know about until I walked past the bike-building station today.

Last edited:
Yeah, I beleive ours has been moved to Girls as well (I've been off the last couple of days). We started with 8(!) bikes. We sold one the first day, but at the price, I really don't know how many we'll sell.

I can say, with great amount of pride in saying 'I TOLD YOU SO!' , that our store's NM release failed catastrophically. Missed budget by nearly 50K. Now have PALLETS of NM stuff sitting in the backroom...and it hasn't pulled anything of from the back in the past 2 days, with the exception of one of those ugly bikes. I will say that NM shotglass set looks pretty spiffy tho! :D

I can also say that, but I won't. Good to know that the STL knows I was right though. He talked about how much that stuff costs at NM, but I knew it didn't matter. Is NM's stuff made in China? (That's a serious question)

I can also say that, but I won't. Good to know that the STL knows I was right though. He talked about how much that stuff costs at NM, but I knew it didn't matter. Is NM's stuff made in China? (That's a serious question)

Of course this stuff is. The cost for producing high end designer products from first world countries like Japan, Italy or the US are rarely within the margin of 'cheap'.

http://stream.marketwatch.com/story/markets/SS-4-4/SS-4-17096/

“We had high expectations following a warm reception at a NYC one-day pop-up shop on Nov. 29, with over
6,000 attending,” said Citigroup analyst Deborah Weinswig, adding she visited the Target store in New York on Saturday when the collection was officially launched. “We were disappointed by in-store execution. The collection was tucked in the back of the store, shelves were full and messy, and we saw little traffic.”

Well, you're comparing a spot in the fashion capital of the world versus stores in various spots of the US.

If you go to NM's site and click around, you'll see where stuff is made. I keep seeing US (of Swiss material), Italy, Moldavia, Spain, etc. All our stuff is China crap.

People who shop at Target for this sort of stuff aren't going to be paying those (high to them) prices for that sort of thing.

People who shop at Neiman Marcus for this sort of stuff are going to have money to spend and expect quality.

Store placement has little to do with this, especially when they figured it would sell itself. Now they have it at the front of the store hoping to get rid of the stuff (hoping at this point maybe the eBay sellers will take it), and they still can't get people to steal it. (I'm being facetious).

We may need to take up a collection for the person who came up with or approved this idea so he/she can buy Christmas presents for their kids. I suspect they are out of a job.

As of dec 3 rd ,we were down 64k for the month ! And we are an ulv store ! No way that we will be able to make that up,next month ,hours will be cut again !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back