Archived Niemann Marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of dec 3 rd ,we were down 64k for the month ! And we are an ulv store ! No way that we will be able to make that up,next month ,hours will be cut again !

What?! That's an entire day! How can you be down an entire day 3 days into the month?

Target doesn't use months in the strict sense. I am pretty sure December week 1 was Nov 25-Dec 2.

Neiman marcus put us so far in the red ,it is unreal !
Tl told us the amount so far lost for this month ! Maybe it was from nov 25 th ,but i doubt !

Oh, that's right. Forgot about that silliness. Yes, as a ULV store, that puts you down about 14% for the month already (figuring your sales goals are the same as mine). Ouch.

I guess a few of the items like the yoga mat have sold out on nm.com....still available on target.com....not that I would be likely to order from them....seems to be a disaster.

Where did u find this info?
Certain items will be going clearance....mainly apparel and some others, but they probably won't be with the normal Target clearance tickets. I saw this when going through my Markdown Strategy for December Week 5, which is when the items will be going markdown.

I think the buyer of all this merchandise forgot why people go to Niemanns. They go for the experience of shopping in a gorgeous Niemann Marcus.

If Target is going to sell Niemann Marcus, then they had to give people the designer first, the Niemann name on the box is second.

If they were selling MK in a NM box, then I would be in trouble.

If it was supposed to be more than a one day sales event, why did we have more cashiers open that day than we normally have on entire Saturday? Yeah, so not buying that!

Where did u find this info?

Originally Posted by PricingMaster
Certain items will be going clearance....mainly apparel and some others, but they probably won't be with the normal Target clearance tickets. I saw this when going through my Markdown Strategy for December Week 5, which is when the items will be going markdown.

there is a report that your PA can run that gives out that info. you may not have access to it on workbench.

the only thing that seems to be selling at our store is the Rodarte ornament....I bought one today because I buy my kids one ornament a year....and since one is old enough for just pretty ornaments vs. situational ones (you know, first Christmas, etc) it just screamed her. And with the discounts it was an okay price.

I was initially excited when the Neiman collaboration was announced, but then I looked at the photos and just didn't care for it. It's a bunch of ordinary things. I think the exciting thing about the designer collaborations (with Target & H&M) is the fashion. Yoga mats, lunchboxes, letter openers, etc aren't things a lot of people would spend a bunch of money on. I can get a yoga mat from target for $20 or less. I think a lot of the stuff is cute, but the people that would be okay with spending those prices, probably have/would just spend more for better quality, stuff at Neiman that isn't apart of the Target collection.

I still love the lace dress though. I'd buy it if I already knew what my new year's eve/new year's day schedule was (if it allowed me to go out).

One day last week a girl who hadn't seen the pics came in looking for Marchesa, because she's a Marchesa fan, but doesn't wanna spend Marchesa money. Marchesa only made children's dresses though, so she was disappointed. I don't think men even realize those sweaters are there for them. Our store has the NM stuff in RTW.

I juust realized those Thom Brown blazers (well, one of em) are men's. I saw women trying it on and assumed it was a "boyfriend blazer."

I'm not sure what they expected. As others have said, people shop at Neimanns for the experience of shopping at Neimann's. Sure these items have designer names behind them but then Target went and slapped their logo on it indicating that it might be more high-end than normal Target apparel but simultaneously indicating that it's lower-end apparel of what you would find in Neimann Marcus.

What happened to the Target of 3-4 years ago that was struggling with portraying the image of being just as competitively priced as WalMart? Now we're concerned about bringing in a bunch of $100 dresses and $500 bikes? Make up your mind Target...

I juust realized those Thom Brown blazers (well, one of em) are men's. I saw women trying it on and assumed it was a "boyfriend blazer."

Yeah, there's that and the "grandpa sweater" as the only mens apparel in the collection. I absolutely couldn't believe that someone thought that blazer was going to sell when I first saw it...

They started out with ours in the corner of the maternity section. Then moved it to the front corner of RTW. Now it's been moved to the front of girls. Who knows where it will end up next:huh:

Ha! I'm reminded of the thread that had the article where the drone from corp said "We're not focusing on Black Friday too much this year but our NM launch in Dec." Hilarious!

Yeah, I keep thinking about that, myself. It's a good thing they still tried for a decent Black Friday, or sales would be down even more than they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back