Archived night and keyholder pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im training now, but the store I am training at said that I will be a key holder since im the sr logistics lead. I will also be working the 4am shift. My trainer mentioned that target automatically adds 15 minutes of pay to account for opening the store for alarms, etc. Is this true?

When I come in at 3-4am, will I be paid night differential to 8am? And being a key holder, do I get another bump in pay? If so, are these increases ON TOP of what my pay rate is?

For night pay, is that something that just gets added without me having to worry about if it did?

I did ask an HR member before I started about night differential. He told me there would not be, but my trainers said yes.

You get an extra 2 bucks for the key & differental. Some stores have stopped doing the differental.

If you are already a Senior TL your key should already be rolled into your pay so I doubt you'd get extra, if you were a regular TL being given a key it would be an increase of $1/hr.

As HLM said shift differential varies from store to store, even within the same district at times.

Im training now, but the store I am training at said that I will be a key holder since im the sr logistics lead. I will also be working the 4am shift. My trainer mentioned that target automatically adds 15 minutes of pay to account for opening the store for alarms, etc. Is this true?

When I come in at 3-4am, will I be paid night differential to 8am? And being a key holder, do I get another bump in pay? If so, are these increases ON TOP of what my pay rate is?

For night pay, is that something that just gets added without me having to worry about if it did?

I did ask an HR member before I started about night differential. He told me there would not be, but my trainers said yes.
The 15 minutes is for the patrol outside the building. You will be required to do a lap around the whole outside building checking for signs of break in.

Mine is usually running so late i see him flying across the parking lot from the highway so i know our Sr.TL isnt doing it. Hope it doesnt bite him in the butt one day.. i understand he lives an hour away and we have military base traffic but damn.

Wow I don't think any ETL in my store has ever done that

I doubt you ever see an ETL as the first person into the building.

At my store the key carriers always come in ~30 minutes before anyone else and do the perimeter check drive around each day. If you're at an overnight store that never leaves the store unattended then the perimeter check is a bit pointless.

If you are the first person opening the building in the morning then you need to drive the back of the store and check for safe and secure. You get paid 15 mins to do this. If you are the closing LOD then you need to drive the building the same way and you get paid 15 mins for that. Personally, I hate getting 15 mins for perimeter checks because I always end up having to cut it somewhere so I don't go over 40. I really only need 5 mins at night to drive it but if they want to pay me for not even being there then that's fine. It should show up as perimeter pay on the schedule if your HR is putting it in when the schedule is being written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back