Archived NJ store robbed on Black Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found another article that said they were hiding out in the restroom for hours waiting for close. How often do you check the restrooms when closing? We only do if there's an extra car in the lot.

we checked them when we are closed, along with the fitting rooms.

We had a gstl who took an airhorn into the bathrooms & gave it a blast.
Shook anybody loose hiding atop the toilets.

We check fitting rooms, we don't check the rest rooms.

We always did. More so a few months ago when they actually had a guest locked in the store because they were in the restroom. Luckily, the closing team was still there to let them out:pardon:.

When I was still up front, our closing LOD would call out over the walkie for TMs to check their areas for lingering guests & send them up front. We'd make a last call saying that the "registers are closing". That usually did it for the folks who wanted to buy anything. I also sent cashiers into the restrooms to check for stowaways.
The only way they could blend in is if they put on a red shirt & started pushing freight.

One time when I was walking the store after we closed, I saw a guy in red and khaki zoning the luggage. I figured it was just an overnight guy I hadn't recognized before and let it be. That night though, there was miscommunication and another person did a walk like 2 minutes after me and she guest serviced him out. I believe it was purely an innocent mistake, but it could have been something else

When I was still up front, our closing LOD would call out over the walkie for TMs to check their areas for lingering guests & send them up front. We'd make a last call saying that the "registers are closing". That usually did it for the folks who wanted to buy anything. I also sent cashiers into the restrooms to check for stowaways.
The only way they could blend in is if they put on a red shirt & started pushing freight.

Ok, they would not blend in at my store if they were pushing freight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back