NKG Farewell Extravaganza

This is exactly my story, almost down to the reasons...I often had to unload trucks with 2 TMs & then told my team wasn't preforming, my response was I have no team. I was told I needed to focus on who was there & not on who wasn't, except no one was there. When I would try & move forward with attendance write ups I was told give them another chance. Put my 2 weeks in instead of being booted & 2 days later my replacement was hired from outside Spot.

But I hate my new job. I want to ncns every day. I never thought about doing that at target

Take this advice for what it's worth from someone who has worked both some of the worst jobs in the world and a very few really good ones (in which I count the one I'm currently working).
Don't stick to a job you hate for any longer than you have to, it's just not worth your health and sanity.
However, never bail unless you have someplace to go.
Also, there was a good reason you left your last job.
The good things about it may stand out about it now but nostalgia is a dangerous thing.
Find something better.

There is a hidden job market out there that you find by using your friends, friends of friends, parents friends etc.
Let folks know you are looking and what you are really good at.
One of them is going to know someone who is looking for a good employee.
Keep your resume current and sharp, be ready to hand it to anyone who asks.

If you have a terrible job, figure out what it can teach you and grab on to that.
I worked under one of the most foul tempered, abusive chefs on the face of this earth for almost a year, and wanted to quit every day.
But I also learned more about cooking than I could have in any school.
Not sure it was entirely worth it but I was able to use it for the rest of my career as a chef.
Learn everything you can, get as much as you can out of it and get the fuck out.

You are a prime, #1 badass and never forget it.
Don't hide your light.

Last edited:
Take this advice for what it's worth from someone who has worked both some of the worst jobs in the world and a very few really good ones (in which I count the one I'm currently working).
Don't stick to a job you hate for any longer than you have to, it's just not worth your health and sanity.
However, never bail unless you have someplace to go.
Also, there was a good reason you left your last job.
The good things about it may stand out about it now but nostalgia is a dangerous thing.
Find something better.

There is a hidden job market out there that you find by using your friends, friends of friends, parents friends etc.
Keep your resume current and sharp, be ready to hand it to anyone who asks.

If you have a terrible job, figure out what it can teach you and grab on to that.
I worked under one of the most foul tempered, abusive chefs on the face of this earth for almost a year, and wanted to quit every day.
But I also learned more about cooking than I could have in any school.
Not sure it was entirely worth it but I was able to use it for the rest of my career as a chef.
Learn everything you can, get as much as you can out of it and get the fuck out.

You are a prime, #1 badass and never forget it.
Don't hide your light.
There needs to be more posts like this. Good for you encouraging people. I wish Sassy good luck and hope.

Example #1
I bought a car and it started having trouble starting almost immediately. It had warranty coverage so back to the dealership for diagnostics and repair. They held onto it a long time. I simply showed up one day and started demanding managers, crazy woman that I am. While talking to the service manager about exactly what was happening, I said how this was delaying my job search. He said "You're looking for a job?" Two months later I was walking back into the dealership for new hire orientation.

Example #2
My husband's boss had a customer that was difficult when it came to prices. Somehow between them it was decided he needed a bookkeeper. I was a stay at home mom, so no competing job, and good with numbers so my husband's boss recommended me to this customer. That little part time job was what gave me a resume to begin with and the ability to say I had years of experience with accounting/administrative/clerical work when looking for a better job.

Back