NKG Farewell Extravaganza

NKG

Nkg
its done...I was demoted to Guest. While Im the one leaving, I would have been fired on Labor Day. I guess I'm not completely ready to tell my story but here are factors in why I left:

1. Lack of training
2. Lack of support by ETL. I got told several times if I proformance a tm out that would mess up the retainment for the store plus be screwed with freight.
3. Lazy tms...most of them I didn't hire.
4. No hours....mine would be given to other work centers
5. Most of my peers wanted to be ETLs. They bus rolled me on several occasions instead of helping. It was good for the store they said. 🙄
6. Vendors....laziest people out there.

There you have it. Off to better things. .

Last edited:
its done...I was demoted to Guest. While Im the one leaving, I would have been fired on Labor Day. I guess I'm not completely ready to tell my story but here are factors in why I left:

1. Lack of training
2. Lack of support by ETL. I got told several times if I proformance a tm out that would mess up the retainment for the store plus be screwed with freight.
3. Lazy tms...most of them I didn't hire.
4. No hours....mine would be given to other work centers
5. Most of my peers wanted to be ETLs. They bus rolled me on several occasions instead of helping. It was good for the store they said. 🙄

There you have it. Off to better things. .

How long did you work for spot? Were you a TL?

Edit:. Sorry to see you go.

LOOOL come on at least stay part time transfer to another store in same district maybe closer to your home.. My old F&B TL did that and living the dream stress free.

We are here for you Sis!

Retail management ain't an easy gig during the best of times, never mind when upper leadership sucks. I'd never want that stress and pressure again.

Sorry to hear. I will keep you in my prayers 🙏

I know what it feels like to be under the gun constantly. Seems like spot is trying to get rid of long term TLs. Expectations are unrealistic and everyone's throwing subordinates under the bus to try to save their own asses.

I have several friends who left Target a few years ago and are much happier now. What's next?

Sisyphus' rule No. 2: The more you speak up the faster you will be ushered you to the door. Rule No.4 the longer you are with spot the less valuable you will be perceived to be.
i'm feelin both of these rn 😔 speakin up abt the bs in my dept and im giving them "too much pushback" and suddenly my mental health is an issue they're "worried" about and suddenly i have 10 hrs each new schedule... 5 yrs aint mean shit to them too and im being compared to a new tm who just says yes to everything lol

Sisyphus' rule No. 2: The more you speak up the faster you will be ushered you to the door. Rule No.4 the longer you are with spot the less valuable you will be perceived to be.

This is what I feared would have happened if I had stayed as a pog expert instead of switching to DBO. By switching I was able to switch TLs so now I don't have to worry the insecure 20-something feeling threatened by the fact I know more about pog than she does and maybe listen to me for once so she could actually LEARN something about it which would help her "development" she's so focused on. She's never a fan of what I add to a conversation and my tenure means nothing to her. No respect.

By switching I was able to switch TLs so now I don't have to worry the insecure 20-something feeling threatened by the fact I know more about pog than she does and maybe listen to me for once so she could actually LEARN something about it which would help her "development" she's so focused on. She's never a fan of what I add to a conversation and my tenure means nothing to her. No respect.
This , very important, I knew about plano when they handed it to me but not enough as my team who has been doing it for 20 some years . When they suggest something I would ask “ the why” but not “the why “ as in no you can’t do it like that THE WHY so I can see why so I can know going forward . I was straight forward with my team when I took over plano and I told them they will hear me ask a lot of question because if I don’t learn from them than how can I hold them accountable. I appreciate my team and their knowledge and that only made me a better Tl at the time and a even knowledgeable ETL

I'm a vendor. :( AVANTS, BUT I have some insider scoop. I actually have heard "I hope the store does it so I don't have to" way too many times, regarding revisions, shipper set-ups, and more that should be done by our team. I work for a food brand though, so a little different. It's always awesome to be able to help a guest with something I am able to so the store employee can continue setting POGS in seasonal or something nearby and save time, but I only go in each store for 90 minutes so I can't offer much help. But I've been in both ends. I get it LOL.

I'm a vendor. :( AVANTS, BUT I have some insider scoop. I actually have heard "I hope the store does it so I don't have to" way too many times, regarding revisions, shipper set-ups, and more that should be done by our team. I work for a food brand though, so a little different. It's always awesome to be able to help a guest with something I am able to so the store employee can continue setting POGS in seasonal or something nearby and save time, but I only go in each store for 90 minutes so I can't offer much help. But I've been in both ends. I get it LOL.

But your not lazy...i just had really lazy ones.

Back