Archived No box, no return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrou98

Because of YOU
I had a guest who purchased a TV on black Friday and it wasn't working properly (it was fine up until a few days ago). Well he didn't have the box anymore and I asked the LOD what could be done. He said nothing could be done since the box was gone. I felt terrible relaying this information and of course the guest was unhappy. I don't mean to 2nd guess my LOD, but it seems like we could have done something?

Did he have the receipt? You could've taken the DPCI from it, made sure the TVs matched (along with the serial # of course) and done it that way.

Yes, he had the receipt. I just didn't understand the whole thing. I mean who keeps big boxes like that?

That's...really screwed up. I hope that guest tries at another store or something bc it should absolutely be returned without any problem. I mean, I keep all my boxes for expensive things until the return policy is over on it but I recognize I'm an exception. You just use the receipt and perhaps a Target.com lookup to validate the return as stated.

If the guest has the receipt and is within the return policy date, it should be pretty easy to attempt the return. The TV should have the serial number on it somewhere and the DCPI and serial number are on the receipt.

Exactly since it has the serial on it, you should be able to return it. I would try it. Now any Guest Service TM's know if the box is actually required to send for CRC? That is the only thing I can think of why a "Non box" return could be rejected.

Exactly since it has the serial on it, you should be able to return it. I would try it. Now any Guest Service TM's know if the box is actually required to send for CRC? That is the only thing I can think of why a "Non box" return could be rejected.
We "make" a box to wrap opened tvs from a sterile box.

Thanks for the input. I hope that guest tried a different store. I felt bad for the guy.

I would have just checked the DPCI item description to the TV. And defected it out.

If it was a serial number item, I would have also used that.

If its an item without box, use your best discretion and tools to ascertain the item matches up.

What about same day returns from a different store? I tried to do a return at a different store than the one I usually go to and they denied it. I thought I would since I was close to this other Target anyways. From my knowledge and at my store, if this happens, we just input the price, tax, VCD (as it prompts you to). I was surprised but didn't want to fight it. But does anybody else's store do this? Are we supposed to deny same day returns? We can do that?

What about same day returns from a different store? I tried to do a return at a different store than the one I usually go to and they denied it. I thought I would since I was close to this other Target anyways. From my knowledge and at my store, if this happens, we just input the price, tax, VCD (as it prompts you to). I was surprised but didn't want to fight it. But does anybody else's store do this? Are we supposed to deny same day returns? We can do that?

My store does same day returns.

I don't know why, but half the time, the register will deny same day returns from another store...while the other half of the time, it does the return without issue. And by "deny," I don't mean it makes us input information manually, because that's still okay...I mean a red screen pops up saying, "same day refunds cannot be processed in a different store." I don't know what causes this, but in my experience, it usually seems to happen with clothing for some reason. I doubt it's denying same day/different store returns completely at random, but I have no clue how the register decides what to accept or deny.

So I take same day returns as long as the register let's me. Even if the register DOESN'T let me, I'll explain the issue to the guest, and offer to do it with their ID. (Assuming the return is normal)

Last edited:
The registers will usually deny a same day return if it was purchased with a red card. I never had an issue with same day returns if the payment method was a regular credit/debit or cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back