No communication at all after last day

yikes. yeah, should not happen over email.... that is wrong.

granted, just yesterday I watched my hr term someone over the phone while he insisted it was okay that I stay in the room with him during the conversation. i really don't understand how certain leaders arent held more accountable or to the same standards as others. if target is going to have a leadership team then it should function like a respectable one.

I'm sorry your experience was so poor. that is not okay

granted, just yesterday I watched my hr term someone over the phone while he insisted it was okay that I stay in the room with him during the conversation. i really don't understand how certain leaders arent held more accountable or to the same standards as others. if target is going to have a leadership team then it should function like a respectable one.

Yeah i have the email to post but I will have to do some blacking out of names. I am just wondering if this is a new thing because HR is just too overworked? (Insert sarcastic face here).

There is a whole guide on seasonal terms; when they should happen and a conversation script.

Yeah i have the email to post but I will have to do some blacking out of names. I am just wondering if this is a new thing because HR is just too overworked? (Insert sarcastic face here).
ASANTS but every year including this one a TL has told the seasonal employee what day their last day is. For me, I invite them to reapply around February/March as we (at least at our store) tend to hire in around those months since we inevitably lose a few kept seasonal by then lol I'm a Fulfillment TL but if a SS TL isn't there, I'll do theirs if they want and vice versa. IME SD, ETLs, and HR never do it unless it's already the TMs last day and a TL isn't able.

I think it's important to stay professional but still have a one-on-one for the last day talk, even if it's just quickly on the floor. Just because we're not keeping them doesn't mean they didn't do a good job. Sometimes they want to know what they could have done and point-blank I'll tell them. A lot of times I really do hope they'll re-apply, as usually we'd have liked to have kept them on but didn't have the hours available for the extra headcount.

It's a shame your store handled it the way they did. I wonder if this is going to become the norm now? So much with Target has gone downhill... year-after-year just when I think it couldn't get worse it does.

Supposedly they terminated someone at my store in the middle of his shift the other day.

I guess they wanted to save those extra 2 or 3 hours of payroll.
After Christmas a few years ago at my store they would wait for the holiday seasonals at the time clock and term them when they came in for that last shift. That was cold, but not as cold as the year they started to term them on Christmas Eve.🙁

After Christmas a few years ago at my store they would wait for the holiday seasonals at the time clock and term them when they came in for that last shift. That was cold, but not as cold as the year they started to term them on Christmas Eve.🙁
My TL put me on a Final right before Christmas.

I immediately thought thanks for the heads up

This was right after he told me no one was applying.

Huh?

I am not irreplacable but you also don't have a replacement YET.

Our store runs so lean that a TM missing a shift or more makes a huge difference.

Back