Archived No cvs team members in Break Room....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today my STL started a policy that no cvs or market source employees are allowed in our break room. They suggested they eat their lunches at target cafe. The stl's reasoning was that target sensitive information is shared in the break room and that they are not target employees. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I think it's a ridiculous policy. Target Mobile has always been allowed back there. I'm not sure what the difference is all of a sudden.

But I guess that's why those making these contract decisions get paid the big bucks.

I don't think Target Mobile was ever officially allowed...just allowed. You don't see the cleaning crew eating in the break room either at least at my store.

Last edited:
I don't think Target Mobile after was officially allowed...just allowed. You don't see the cleaning crew eating in the break room either at least at my store.

Ours has on occasion. At least I think the one has...not sure about the other.

Our cleaning crew has always eaten in our breakroom, just not when the team is on break.

I got to break the news to my target mobile manager today that they were no longer allowed in the break room. Did not go well.

Target Mobile and the cleaning crew were always allowed in the break room at my store.

Our store NEVER allowed TMs, Target Mobile TMs, cleaning crew, etc. to eat in Food Ave or Starbucks.

I eat junk at food ave all the time when I'm at lunch. When you clock out for lunch, Target can't do shit to you. Lawsuitville and Target doesn't want that.

No target cafe here.

I'm sure our Starbucks DM would be thrilled to have people taking their breaks at Starbucks.
Same at mine. The only tables are at Starbucks. I wonder if there is anything in their contract with Starbucks that would cover this??? I know our Target Mobile people were told they couldn't use them....

We've always had Target Mobile employees use the breakroom.

My ETL-HR said that our pharmacy is going to be remodeled next year (I would assume it'll add an offstage lunch space), and that until then, pharmacy employees may use a specific shelf in one of the fridges and sit at the Starbucks tables. He also said that the whole breakroom thing is CVS's rule, not Target's.

My ETL-HR said that our pharmacy is going to be remodeled next year (I would assume it'll add an offstage lunch space), and that until then, pharmacy employees may use a specific shelf in one of the fridges and sit at the Starbucks tables. He also said that the whole breakroom thing is CVS's rule, not Target's.

Afraid that the pharmacy employees might catch cooties?
Or are they worried that more of that union stuff that was going around might pick up?
Hmmm.

Probably more worried about unions.

All I can say is if this is Target Canada 2.0, I told you so.

Target isn't Wal-Mart. Wal-Marts have banks, salons, McDonalds, Blimpies, and Subways in them and the stores function normally. Target has a CVS pharmacy in it and it's like a nuclear bomb has been dropped.

No way our CVS employees will stop using the breakroom. No way I'd ever ask them to, or expect them to. One in particular who worked at Target for over a decade laughed the other day that anyone that told her to lave the break room would get to carry out her dead carcass.

My Store (and I believe my district) is still allowing, and will continue to allow, the Pharmacy to use the breakroom without any restrictions

And CVS peeps say it is Target's....

Our Target Mobile has always used it, but just found out they were told about a month ago they could no longer use it other than to access the fridge/microwave. This makes me believe it's Target saying no & not CVS....

I'm curious as to what actual sensitive information is being shared in the break room? Sensitive information should obviously be kept to e-mails and in the leads' offices, not in a common area with team members...

This is a decision made by people who have never had boots on the ground. On paper it seems like not a big deal.

In practice, it creates a rift between teams, and does not promote workplace cohesion. Yes, it's a different company but they still operate within Target, and it is in both companies best interest to work as a team.

The decision reeks of beurocracy and corporate policy. Once again Target shows its disconnected from its own stores.

I don't think it has anything to do with "cooties" ha! ha! They would have to have a definite separation imo. 2 different companies operating within the same walls that have different rules and expectations for their teams. If we are providing food for the team we wouldn't feed another companies team. I personally don't agree with that...
I don't eat at starbucks at my current store only because I detest where its located. But in previous stores, if I am off the clock, I will eat where ever I damn well please.

One of the ladies who work in the Pharmacy at my store had been with the company for over 20 years. Now, shes a newbie with CVS. To add insult to injury she is told she cant sit in the breakroom she may use the fridge to keep her food cold but that's it . I would like to think that Spot has bigger things to worry about than the cvs team using the breakroom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back