Archived no I in TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... where to start at. Lets do today. I started out bowling, Then pushed the pulls/pushes, Then started on paper. I fixed the ziplock bag aisle as i stocked the shelfs. The wave was already done food and was working in the chemical aisles. After i was done with paper i pushed my backstock to the back & a palletjack that was on the floor for 90mins plus and 30mins plus was when the store was open. I aslo placed two wet floors signs out because the roof was leaking. I told the TL about it and got nothing. I removed a bottle of Gain that was on the shelf leaking for over a week and left the messy shelf.

So after i found my knife in paper. I started on the back wall by pets. Wouldn't you know i got in trouble for working the back wall. The TL said "We each get our own aisle and that part of the back aisle in that aisle." The whole time i was thinking. But i'm doing work. Talk about team work. More like slave labor. Don't talk. Don't work together, Don't be all buddy buddy. But one of the GOLDEN crew member can get away with skipping some kitty littter and skipping aisles. Worst company in the world to work for if you ask me. Management doesn't have a clue how to run anything or talk to people. I have been with the company for just about 1 month and still havn't taken any of my test on the computer. But when it all comes down to it. It's a job.

1) So if you tell a TL that the roof is leaking. Nothing will get done. Big ass puddle in main aisle.
2) If you try to do the back wall. Thinking your helping your team members out. Thats a big no.
3) If you remove damage item from the shelf. You get that look of what are you doing.
4) Still need to take computer quiz's. Not my job to make time. Since they want the truck done.
5) Still no backroom training. New kid was training in the backrrom on the 5th day after they got crash course in unloading truck/bowling/stocking.
6) Going to be trained for planogram. Didn't sign up for that. Don't try to say that i did. When i clearly got hired for flow and like the application only said cashier training only.
7) Combo on door was changed. Was anyone on flow told. Hell no. Great TL we have.

Since the store cant even do a 1500p truck in 8hrs. They need all the help they can get when it changes to 6am. We even had help from the OUTS team. So about 14 total. Like Mr T says " I pitty the Fool"

6) If they have better leadership on the plano team you might like it better. You never know.
The team is smaller. It's all about the teamwork. You have to be accurate and precise, a bit of a problem solver.
It might be the out you're looking for. And the hours are better.

Can't tell you how many times I picked up box cutters off of endcaps or sitting on top of boxes of cereal or some such.
I'd say flow was only a small part of the problem, it was the people who didn't use them all the time who were more likely to set them down and forget them.
Smart huddles were the worst for that.

I always keep my box cutter in my pocket when I'm not using. Never set it down ;) I've had my same box cutter since November when I started.

I removed a bottle of Gain that was on the shelf leaking for over a week and left the messy shelf.

Wat?

So after i found my knife in paper.

Wat?

I started on the back wall by pets. Wouldn't you know i got in trouble for working the back wall. The TL said "We each get our own aisle and that part of the back aisle in that aisle." The whole time i was thinking. But i'm doing work. Talk about team work

Wat?

So let's see. You leave a chemical mess on the sales floor. You make the store unsafe by not being careful with your boxcutter (at least I hope it's a boxcutter and not an actual knife). Then when your team leader gives you a task, you ignore it to go do your own thing. It seems to me like you are the problem and not the rest of your team. When you are a newbie who has only been in the store for a month you aren't in a position to dictate to team leaders what you will and will not do.

Agreed with The Dude, but I'm hoping the first one was just worded badly, and was meant to say "I removed a bottle of gain that was on the shelf for over a week and had left the shelf all messy" followed by cleaning it up or notifying someone better trained to do so? Maybe? Hopefully?

I understand from your posts you are pretty individualistic and posses confidence, but you don't run the store. You work at target and as a new TM who has been there for less than 2 months you have literally no say. Work your way up, don't lose your box cutter, be friendly to everyone, don't criticize, be a team player, follow protocol, attend the chat sessions and speak your voice. Even if you speak up in the nicest most non-confrontational way possible you're gonna get shut down most of the time, but the one time someone actually DOES listen to your suggestions, if you're rude it's going to fall on deaf ears. You are a flow team member, which is maybe the most drone-like position on the team. Once you have held down more responsibilities, like coordinating everyone and being the one responsible for unloading a 2000+ piece truck maybe you will have a new respect for people that don't take your every word to heart. If you have good suggestions, eventually someone will take notice but it's going to take time like anything in life.

Five non-negotiables of Flow Team:
1-Attendance
2-Sense of urgency
3-Follow direction
4-Check second locations
5-NEVER LOSE YOUR BOX CUTTER IN THE STORE!

#1 varies from store to store. Our store doesn't chop the Flow team head off about attendance. They're flexible about it because 90% of us applied to be cashiers and they begged us and persuaded us with the higher pay grade talk crap. We have a group people who's always late everyday. Most of us call out at least once a week lol. They only coach is for NCNS and too many call ins in one week. The only thing they want in return is when we do show up we work our butts off. Thank the lawd for our ETL HR.

Seriously calling out at least once a week? You would be on CCA at my store after a couple weeks of that shit. I understand that you applied to be a cashier and not flow, but that doesn't matter. You fuck your store over when you just up and decide that you don't feel like working that day. More importantly, you fuck over your coworkers who now have to work faster and harder to get your portion of the work done. If you want to stick it to the man for scheduling you in a workcenter you didn't apply for, but are getting paid more to work in, find a way to do it that doesn't screw your coworkers.

Or better yet, maybe suck it up, be an adult, and either show up to work when you're scheduled to do the job you agreed to do, or quit so your store can hire someone more reliable.

sorry, I normally try to keep my posts profanity free. Stuff like this just pisses me off.

Last edited:
I agree with sigma. None of you were forced to take the job...but you did...so either step up to your responsibilities, or admit you aren't mature enough for a job yet and let them find someone else who is. I seriously cannot believe they would let people get away with calling in once a week...that's some serious management issues.

It is a problem. I don't understand stores/leaders that let attendance issues slide. IMHO, someone's attendance record speaks a lot about their character. I wouldn't care what someone's work ethic is when they come to work. If I can't count on them to be present and on time for their shifts, then I don't need them. If someone on my team was calling out weekly and showing up late every other day, they wouldn't make it past their 90 days, let alone get the idea that it's okay to not give two fucks about coming work and just show up when they feel like it. I can teach people how to better at their job. I can't teach people how to be an adult and come to work.

Why are you guys acting like you have to do the work of those people that call out. No one is forcing you guys to do their work or work faster because that person or people are missing. As long as you are doing your job you should stop worrying about what other grown people chose to do. They do not have to answer to any of you about why they call out because it is none of your business whatsoever. To me this means possible some extra hours that other team members can work if they want to, or it can also mean saving the team some hours because I am sure there are stores that go over in hours each month. Frankly TL's in my store will sent our team home early even when we have lots of stuff left to do and give the work to the back room team to finish, or do the work themselves to try and save hours. So I do not feel like bad when other team members call out or like I have to work harder because they are not here, I work harder period because that is the type of worker I am.

Reactions: NOP
I didn't say it was right. Obviously it isn't a problem if nothing has been said or done about it yet.

Yet you said, "most of us call off once a week lol."

If you didn't think it was right, you wouldn't do it, or find it particularly funny.

It isn't right, but does that mean I'm gonna stop doing? Absolutely not. Like I said, if it was a problem at my store it would've been dealt with a long time ago.

As Sweety said, you're not required to work any harder than you already are nor are you required to pick up the slack from other "grown team members" unless you choose to do so.

So bring it down a notch.

Welcome to The Break Room @sweety811 .

Sad to say it's not a matter of working harder because people called out, it's a matter of working hard and having none of it matter.
There's nothing so frustrating as being the only one on the floor because your backup called out for the second time that week.
You're running like crazy and you know that as hard as you're working the ETL is still going to ask why you didn't finish.
There are justified reasons for being annoyed when people routinely call out.
I think that's why you're getting the slightly upset replies.

Also some of folks here are TLs or eETLs so they have even more reason.

Last edited:
I just have nothing else to say on this. Apparently I have a very different view of the effects of tms attendance on store efficiency and team morale. At some stores this is apparently a systemic problem. If anyone honestly thinks that tms calling out or being late on a regular basis does not cause their portion of workload to be shifted to other tms (like to salesfloor, Instocks, etc...not just other flow tms) then they are living in a reality completely different from mine.

Last edited:
When half my team calls out for bullshit or NCNS or strolls in late , it does effect me and everyone else that did their job and got their asses to work on time like a damn adult.
Flow is not a "he didnt show up so ill get to stay late and take his hours" its a 'he didnt show up so I have to do my load as well as his"

My Flow Team doesn't hire anyone we don't need. We don't have "alternates".
Whether I should be picking up peoples slack or not, not showing up for work without a damn good reason is a slap in the face, its disrespectful to the people that show up on time every fucking day.
I have a guy that walks 3 miles, at 2-3 in the morning, through the hood, when its snowing and -10 degrees outside who is at work EVERY day. Don't tell me its hard to get to work.
Guy on my team came to work and stuck it out the entire day 4 hours after his brother was killed because he didn't want us to be short on a big truck. Don't tell me you have "problems".
Me and my TL both have pushed truck with broken fingers, broken ribs, etc. Don't tell me you aren't coming in because you have a cold.
Just be straight with me and say "sorry im pussying out today, heres my man card."

If people are genuinely sick, then we will go on with out them...it isn't ideal, but we make it work. But when, as a GSA, we're down that cashier, guest service person or cart attendant, that means I have to make up their work as well as my own in the same amount of time because we don't get less guests or put them off until tomorrow. I don't get any extra pay, but if things slip, it's my neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back