Archived No idea retail sucked this much

Status
Not open for further replies.

LkdTGTB4wrknHERE

I am innovation. Glad I could be of service.
Hi, there!

I worked retail some years ago as a PT while teaching and LOVED it. It was only clothes and a small store. Retail like Target sucks big time. I don’t see why anyone would want to make a career of it; it’s horrible.

Thanks for shopping with us.

thankyou.png

Hi, there!

I worked retail some years ago as a PT while teaching and LOVED it. It was only clothes and a small store. Retail like Target sucks big time. I don’t see why anyone would want to make a career of it; it’s horrible.

Where you expecting retail to be like the tv? People are actually rude and don't give a flying fuck that you have to clean up after them. Why are you even a member on this site?

AP this lady has a ham in her purse

Hi, there!

Depends on the situation...
Higher than mighty need it now guests
Store Drama
Store Politics
The ever change Target philosophy of "Assign the impossible of everything when you can do so much in reality"

My store treats people as both expendible and stupid. That combo makes for a negative environment, for sure. The reason I still enjoy it is our customers. I m
ostly cashier, so I chat with them and totally get a kick out of the kids. I'm impressed with one supervisor. She's experienced and smart, but the other gsa/team leaders are pretty immature. There is so much petty blaming going on that the real work if helping guests gets lost. Anytime one of our younger workers talks about college, I encourage them. This path isn't a good life-long ine to be on in this era.

You gotta have the right mindset to work retail without wanting to jump off a bridge when your shift ends.
In big-box retail, you will be worked your payroll's worth and then some because that's why you were hired. Guests/customers, while most are decent people, will test your limits, make a mess, be mad at you when things don't go their way (you're the face of the company, after all), and often not thank you for "doing your job."

Small retail is very different from big-box. It's not for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back