Archived No longer considered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't re apply. If they denied you they either saw a red flag or have bad judgement. I'm gonna guess it's the ladder. Almost anyone can get that job of job interviews it doesn't matter your qualifications it's just about being "reliable" at work to a point and you can get that HR job.

You may have been keyed non-rehireable after your seasonal period ended, too.

that answer would be best answered by HR but calling to get HR on the phone is a joke because they're doing whatever they want most of the time...maybe your local HRBP has your file and can tell you. I don't know how that works. Let me get the number one sec...1-612-304-6073 here is Target HQ not sure if that will get you an answer but going through your local stores HR will likely result in a "take a message" and no response ever from my knowledge. I only go to HR when they call me in to do training or compliance talks so yeah. Btw anyone have an HR they hate? To this day I haven't disliked or hated any of our HR and we've gone through 3 HR ETLs and 3 regular HRTMs...all have been great. Sure they got a lot of free time and I'm jealous of it but I don't dislike them for what job they are given.

Sometimes when HR looks like they’re busy doing nothing it’s because they can’t do what they need to in front of other people. They get their own office so they can keep things confidential. But if people are near enough to see the computer they’ll simply wait until everyone is gone and resume their task. We’ve learned exactly what “patience is a virtue” truly means 😂

Sometimes when HR looks like they’re busy doing nothing it’s because they can’t do what they need to in front of other people. They get their own office so they can keep things confidential. But if people are near enough to see the computer they’ll simply wait until everyone is gone and resume their task. We’ve learned exactly what “patience is a virtue” truly means 😂
wow and meanwhile we have no idea they want privacy, good to know now Ill start screen peaking...LOL jokes dont give that kinda info out if thats true and if it is true for all HR then I apologize for stopping on break and talking to my HRTM and ETLHR...they probably like get the fuck out and stop chatting. jesus haha

Lol we enjoy talking to everyone, please don’t stop doing that! Pro tip - ETLs usually have the good candy in their office if you sit and chat with them 😁

that answer would be best answered by HR but calling to get HR on the phone is a joke because they're doing whatever they want most of the time...maybe your local HRBP has your file and can tell you.
A TMs coding for hiring purposes is for internal use only and can’t be told to anyone, including the TM in question. With that being said, OP can try and call their previous store and ask why A. their application was denied, and B. why they are coded as non-rehireable. Now since it sounds like OP’s previous store didn’t like them that much, I doubt that store’s HR will violate Target policy to tell OP their coding.

Last edited:
A TMs coding for hiring purposes is for internal use only and can’t be told to anyone, including the TM in question. With that being said, OP can try and call their previous store and ask why A. their application was denied, and B. why they are coded as non-rehireable. Now since it sounds like OP’s previous store didn’t like them that much, I doubt that store’s HR will violate Target policy to tell OP their coding.
thank you for clarifying I didn't want to give false info

Lol we enjoy talking to everyone, please don’t stop doing that! Pro tip - ETLs usually have the good candy in their office if you sit and chat with them 😁
I don't enjoy eating candy believe it or not it's a seasonal thing for me like valentines, christmas, halloween etc but I really just like talking to them because every HR I ever met at my store has been one of the most down to the earth folks I've known. Feels good to be close to your HR even if they're kind of more a company advocate in most respects. =P

Update. A lot of people are going to get the turndown emails. It sucks for them and it sucks for us every time we have to send one. 😕 But the direction we have is to clear the applicants out daily.. we aren’t going to keep a pool of qualified candidates to pull from as we need. Corporate (or maybe it’s just my group) thinks it’s best to not leave candidates hanging around waiting for the next step until their application expires. That could’ve been what happened to you @refreshh. If you’re still interested in working for Target well have seasonal hiring events in September and October.

Update. A lot of people are going to get the turndown emails. It sucks for them and it sucks for us every time we have to send one. 😕 But the direction we have is to clear the applicants out daily.. we aren’t going to keep a pool of qualified candidates to pull from as we need. Corporate (or maybe it’s just my group) thinks it’s best to not leave candidates hanging around waiting for the next step until their application expires. That could’ve been what happened to you @refreshh. If you’re still interested in working for Target well have seasonal hiring events in September and October.
When is the seasonal hiring in L.A. for september

What are some hints that you are blacklisted instead just not hired?

I’m more than a hop, skip, and jump away from LA. I would keep an eye Out for the second or third weekend tho.

Our HRBP told us if we don’t have the payroll to onboard new TMs right now to just tell them they’ll start in a month. My ETL and I were horrified. Neither of us would wait a month to start after being hired, that’s far too long. But where I am the economy never recovered and jobs are hard to come by so maybe people will wait? That last hiring event we had well over a hundred people stop by and we only hired less than a handful, which was more than we can afford but we still need backfill for vacations and kids going off to school and whatnot. Idk what else there is to say.. 🤷‍♀️

There is no “blacklist.” Stores didn’t all decide to have a hiring event just to not hire anyone. Corporate wants some good publicity and selling 1800 stores all hosting a hiring event with a minimum of 13/hour is pleasing to the masses. I don’t know of any stores other than heavy back to college who even needed to hire more than a position or two at the event. This is how Corporate works. What looks good to the public is often times shit on the TMs and we have to suck it up and smile on. I swear the Penguins of Madagascar could caption everything Corporate decrees with either: Smile and wave boys, smile and wave. or more often: Kowalski, analysis. It’s dumb and I’m sorry you didn’t get hired. There will be other opportunities for you tho. This door might’ve closed but a window opened somewhere.

I have seen applications with non rehireable checked.
If you are a former Target employee from any location, and did not leave on good terms, it is possible you were flagged as ”non rehireable”.

Just because you have Target experience doesn't make you a shoe in anymore. I know my store talks with other stores to see why you were let go/quit/fired so seriously be honest with your if you reapply. Would I hire myself back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back