Archived No longer seasonal..

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJoe

"Can you go to 3, please?" *Turns off walkie*
I got called in to work an extra 4 hours today, and as I go on my 1st break I got called into the ETL-HR's office. She starts off with the whole 'you know that we are deciding who to keep on and all after next week' bit so I start to tense up.. She then says that they are keeping me on. So yay....

That's good for me since I'm out of unemployment money (thanks Congress) after the end of the year.

Hopefully I can make something out of this.

Yay! Welcome aboard! That may have been a bit of a test (or it was a coincidence), so welcome!

Don't get discouraged with the hours!! The schedule that is being written this week is the first non seasonal schedule. It's always a bit of a shock!

Don't get discouraged with the hours!! The schedule that is being written this week is the first non seasonal schedule. It's always a bit of a shock!

We're shorthanded in softlines already. I already expressed my interest in getting out of that workcenter, but I did say that I'll do it until things even out.

Wlecome aboard.
You have my condolences but hey, it's a job.
Now to make yourself an a-lister:
a) Never turn down a chance to learn something new, even if you don't think you'll use it very often. You may find yourself being the only one who can do "xx duty" one day.
b) Keep a change of red & khaki in the car & your cell phone on. If they call, respond even if you can't come in. They'll keep you in mind & it's the best way to pick up hrs. It's also good to check the swap-shift board for hrs.
c) Avoid politics when possible. Don't allign yourself with anyone's camp. Be the one everybody wants on their team. You can listen but don't repeat anything unless it threatens the safety & well-being of anyone at your store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back