Archived No more 6 item count FR ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have insomnia plz forgive me.

I just read that spot is no longer implementing the 6 item count for the fitting rooms? I heard a rumor at my store too but I haven't been told as the fro. Not like I get to count most guests anyway but how would this be ok?
Will they get rid of my position?
I don't know if this can be answered but I'll ask on the ap thread too. If this does get implemented, how do you moniter?
Tell me if I'm wrong.
3 white strips package left in FR
Entered in PDA
AP reviews camera
Sees guest that picked up items
Sees guest going into FR
sees guest leave without items
Sees guest leave store
Gets plate from parking lot video
Writes report (to watch for next time) or to PD for prosecution (if repeat guest)
or is it necessary to have someone physically count what goes in, what comes out and check rooms immediately to ensure it was indeed that particular guest? Concealment?
I'm trying to understand why they'd stop the policy. Also wondering about my position. Thnx

Even if you have suspicion that the guest may steal because they were acting funny last time, you can't single them out and count there items if the policy changed. It would be treated just like a bad stop AND if that customer is mad enough they can play the discrimination card (why did you count my items and no one else's?).

I would have the fitting room attendant walkie AP of there was any activity and immediately after check the room. Your shrink will go up, no doubt about that.

(why did you count my items and no one else's?).[/QUOTE said:
This. I never thought of it like that. If this policy is true then what the eff ? :confused:

I can confirm that this change is definitely true. I'm not sure when exactly it will be fully rolled out, but it's going to happen. Seems completely stupid to me, but hey, I'm not corporate so my opinion doesn't matter.

Yeah it's been that way for a while at my store but most of my TMs still implement the 6 limit. Too out of control otherwise, on reshop alone, let alone theft.

Yeah it's been that way for a while at my store but most of my TMs still implement the 6 limit. Too out of control otherwise, on reshop alone, let alone theft.
Vibe was supposed to get rid of it if needed. You can still count. I have them two numbers which made a max of twelve.

This is part of the new fitting room service test. Numbered chips are now discontinued and there is no limit. Fitting room team is supposed to greet guest, take clothing and walk them to an available fitting room. It is supposed to drive service and sales.

We're told no limits by our stl. Our TL is against that idea lol. So I'm dealing with orders from different directions. She says she'll talk to him to get it straightened out, then I hear another thing from another leader. It's too much. What I do is, I give the limit if it's busy so I can keep up with reshop. If someone argues with me or whatever, I just let them go, because otherwise they ask for the manager and leadership above TL takes the guests' side every time. If it's slow, I don't enforce any limits, but I still ask how many they have and at the very least make them hold the items up (instead of folded over arm or balled up) and I still don't let them take baskets in. I haven't physically counted in forever. My old ap used to make us physically count and feel the pockets of jeans and what not... but everyone feels like a suspect when you do that.

The walking people to rooms thing happened last year in my store. Lasted maybe a week or two. FR didn't used to answer phones in my store. We started around when the walking guests in and going to get them new sizes stuff started happening... and it made 0 sense. If you have to listen for phones and you may be on a call when a guest comes in or when they ask for a size, how does that work? I can't even comprehend how stores where FR does phone all the time make it work.

This is part of the new fitting room service test. Numbered chips are now discontinued and there is no limit. Fitting room team is supposed to greet guest, take clothing and walk them to an available fitting room. It is supposed to drive service and sales.

They tried the walk the guest back to a room at my store and it never happened. I tried to a few times and felt stupid. You are big enough to carry your own clothes back to a room. (God knows you cant bring them back out but that's another argument entirely)

Fitting Room Team?

Ah Hahahahahahahaha!

That's a good one.

Sometimes we have one person in all of softlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back