Archived No prompt for red cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me if it count as a conversion if a guest gets a red card but was not prompted to ask at the register?

I remember reading something at the old breakroom site and opinions were mixed. Maybe partial credit?

I believe that a non-prompted red card will count towards your personal conversion, but, not the stores conversion.

Im pretty sure that any redcard, prompted or non-prompted will count towards both store conversion and TM conversion

it used to be 80% for when prompted and 20% when not but now its 50/50 ever since we went with the deal of 5% off the company said the score will be 50/50 because u were going to get alot of guest asking for the redcard

Well the conversion would have to count for unprompted cards, as the prompt does not work for the debit card, only the credit. Also the prompt does not pop up when the guest uses a gift card.

Electronics_Man are you saying we dont get prompted for the check card? Cause at my store it prompts us for both.

Well the conversion would have to count for unprompted cards, as the prompt does not work for the debit card, only the credit. Also the prompt does not pop up when the guest uses a gift card.

We usually get prompted for a check card if someone writes a check.

Electronics_Man are you saying we dont get prompted for the check card? Cause at my store it prompts us for both.

Maybe it's just my store, because I've only ever gotten promts for the credit card.

We usually get prompted for a check card if someone writes a check.

Well I will pay extra attention next time I process a check, but I am pretty sure at my store it only prompts for a credit card even with a check payment.

Checks occasionally prompt for Target Debit Card, but it is not very often. 100% sure.

The prompts are based on dollar amts & types of tender chosen. If the total is over $50 & a non-Target card is tendered, a redcard prompt sporatically appears. If cash is tendered, a prompt is more likely to appear. If a non-Target debit card or check is tendered, a check card prompt likewise appears but I believe the amt is usually higher.
It used to be that prompted apps got the highest conversion, non-prompts got a lower rate of conversion but still counted. That may have changed.

The prompts are based on dollar amts & types of tender chosen. If the total is over $50 & a non-Target card is tendered, a redcard prompt sporatically appears. If cash is tendered, a prompt is more likely to appear. If a non-Target debit card or check is tendered, a check card prompt likewise appears but I believe the amt is usually higher.
It used to be that prompted apps got the highest conversion, non-prompts got a lower rate of conversion but still counted. That may have changed.

When ETLs would ask how we were doing on redcards, they used to ask for prompted+nonprompt, but ever since the 5% off started they don't seem to care which kind anymore.

I disregard all promts when I'm ringing bc I always ask at the begining of the transaction and I have became part of the top 3 in conversion

Non prompted redcards are better for conversion than prompted. Since every prompt you receive lowers your conversion

They count equally now. 100% on this. Although there was a global issue recently where some or all credit applications weren't recording to dtk and since you get way more credit prompts than debit it was tanking our conversion and made us bust our ass to barely hit 1.2%

And yes every store gets both credit and debit prompts. Look on your PDA or on dtk. It shows the number of both prompts and their conversion percentages.

I'm wondering is every store taking part in the wheel of fortune competition where Vanna White and Pat Sajak will come to your store if your store can maintain over a 2.0 conversion for the next few weeks? Red cards Red cards Red cards!!! I'm really wondering if anyone else has any more info on this competition.

I'm wondering is every store taking part in the wheel of fortune competition where Vanna White and Pat Sajak will come to your store if your store can maintain over a 2.0 conversion for the next few weeks? Red cards Red cards Red cards!!! I'm really wondering if anyone else has any more info on this competition.

lul wat?

I think someone is pulling your leg.

lul wat?

I think someone is pulling your leg.

Our store is starting on week 3 of the competition. All I know is that some district people came in and gave out prizes to the top contributes for the last week, and will continue to come every Friday if the store can stay over 2.0 conversion.The competition ends in September. I wonder if it's just a city competition, or state......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back