Archived No using walkies on breaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
was told today by my HR that when its my break time i have to announce to the floor im goin (always do since im usually the only BR person). And if someone calls for BR or me while im on break, i cant answer because its working off the clock:wacko2: anyone elses store do this kinda thing? i dont mind answering a walkie call on break, i just tell them to find someone because im on break

I use the walkie on break... to tell people I'm on my break. I am pretty sure that is allowed as I haven't been busted for saying "hey, i'm on break" when I am paged for..

Using a walkie on break and lunch, can ultimately lead to termination. Granted, thats extreme, but it can result in a coaching and or Corrective actions. Target expects and requires all it's team members to have uninterrupted Breaks and Lunches. It's your right as a team member to utilize these breaks to get away from your tasks of the day. You really should refrain from "taking care of business" while on break/lunch.

The rule at our store which tend to be enforced by jeers and insults is that walkies are turned off in the break room.
I know TL often leave theirs on to let folks know they are on break.
When it comes to announcing that I'm going on break the plano team and the flow team never does because we go at the same time every day.

Before I punch out for my meal, I say "team it's xxxxxxx I'm going on my half". I shut off my walkie in the break room, but not everyone else does. If I hear someone call for me (because of someone else's walkie), I answer and say "on my half, I'll be back at xx:xx". I've never gotten spoken to about it.

Being a cashier, I rarely use a walkie, but I'm pretty sure I've used it more times off the clock than on the clock, and I haven't gotten in trouble. I sometimes borrow a walkie to call the LOD if I need to talk to them (because I don't ever get a chance to talk to them when I'm on the clock), and I have yet to be coached or anything.

was told today by my HR that when its my break time i have to announce to the floor im goin (always do since im usually the only BR person). And if someone calls for BR or me while im on break, i cant answer because its working off the clock:wacko2: anyone elses store do this kinda thing? i dont mind answering a walkie call on break, i just tell them to find someone because im on break

It works the same way at my store. You announce on the walkie that you're going on break or lunch so your TL or LOD knows and can answer for you if you're needed. Only the TLs and ETLs answer to say that they're on break/lunch.

I am electronics and I keep my walkie on me but on channel 4. That way they can get info from me without the annoying chatter.

When I was a TPS we were required to keep ours on during our 15 minute break in case of emergency, but on our lunch break it was our discretion to leave it on or not....

I always announce my break and try to turn off my walkie on my 15's, recently though I just leave it on to say "I'm on break." Despite me letting people know I am on break, for 15 minutes I hear my name called out with nobody saying I am on break. For the sake of both my sanity and the rest of the team's a simple "Im on break." helps everybody. Haven't been in trouble for that, I have been glared at if I say something other than that though. Granted, when I am GSTL, I normally take enough time to eat something at Food Ave and watch anyways. Doesn't bother me really, I take the time I feel I need to sit down and get some food in my belly.

I leave my walkie on low and answer when I need to I don't really mind and it's better then tm's tracking me down in breakroom

We are on the clock during a break and from what I know, you can answer an important request, but your break has to start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back