Archived No voice - within 90 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, I am new to this. I was hired August 30th and have worked my shifts on time without issue for the last two weeks. I was even sick and coughing my last 2 shifts. Woke up Friday (yesterday) AM with ZERO voice. Ended up at urgent care and they said I need vocal rest til at least Monday. Which meant missing my 4hr Friday and 7hr Sunday shifts. I went and took my note physically to the store and gave it to HR.

On my kronos it seems my shift last night is in red. Which I believe means exception? What does this mean for me since im within my 90 days?

I'm in CA by the way.

Let your TL and gsa know in addition to HR
Because HR may forget to tell them and if you somehow get marked no show then having as many voices backing you well save you from getting coached when you return to work

You provided a doctors note. Unless you start calling off for no reason, I wouldn't worry. I was late once in my 90 days and I'm still employed by Target.

Well, most of my shifts have been deleted this am and my discount isn't working. Might have a lawsuit on my hand.

Might have a lawsuit on my hand.

LOL, no. If they did let you go, given that it's within your 90 day probation, there's very little you could do about it.

It's shitty if they canned you for that, but if you still have shifts on the schedule I wouldn't worry too much. Also, I'm pretty sure they couldn't possibly process the term paperwork that quickly, particularly on a weekend, to deactivate your discount that fast.

Well, most of my shifts have been deleted this am and my discount isn't working. Might have a lawsuit on my hand.

You don't have a lawsuit. This is not illegal discrimination and they have every right to term you for attendance unless you are eligible for FMLA, whi chihc you are not.

Plus they can't fire you without paying you for the firing conversation per policy so it would be stupid to fire you in the system then have to reverse it to enter your final pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back