Archived Nobody's talking about this? Is it just my store (Toy markdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They always do the big toy markdown overnight on the 23rd into Christmas Eve. This year, the strategy has changed and must be done prior to open on the day after Christmas so the pricing team at my store has to go overnight on Christmas into the 26th. They go in at like 12:30a or 1a so technically it's not Christmas, but it's SO Christmas night. I think that is absolute crap. Any other store doing this? The team was pretty upset about it. (obviously)

I saw an email sitting out about all the stuff they expect the store to do between close on Christmas Eve and open on the 26th. I was extremely grateful at that moment not to be on any of those teams.

I overheard our PATL talking to the team about it.
Glad I'm not working on THAT team at the moment.

In our store they aren't asking any of the team members to come in on Christmas but they are asking TLs & ETLs to come in on Christmas Day to get everything ready. Apparently its voluntarily but it seems like nobody wants to do it yet somebody needs to be there.

I guess what irks me about this kind of thing is at our last GTS chat they were really stretching that Target wants their tms to have work/life balance. How can you insist your team have a work/life balance when you make it apparent that work should be a priority over life? And don't give me a "doctors work Christmas" argument. If they paid me a doctors salary to move crap around in the backroom, I'd never leave that store.

The PC ladies came in at 3:00 on the 26th last year at my store.

We were volun-told. Pricing and some of toy team is working 12:30am-9am. It's all about profit margin. Screw personal/work life balance, it doesn't exist anymore. Guests are going to be super pissed on Christmas eve since they are used to toy markdowns that day.

day after christmas is a PFresh delivery of about 10 to 11 pallets of food to push, i sure hope they give me some people to push that truck, damn !

I believe the e-mail said markdowns can begin after close the 24th but must be finished before open on the 26th, not leaving much room there for work/life balance. Hopefully STLs can foster up a solution for this. Small stores may be able to do a 3 or 4 am on the 26th

Yeah.....this is disaster waiting to happen at my store. The Xmas Price Change workload is always HUGE and never finished. now, with less time on a day no one wants to come in they are hustling to get people in that workcenter that day. we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back