Archived Noises that give you PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The various alarm panels at GS. During our remodel last year, the refrigeration alarm was going off for days, and just after there was some sort of malfunction with the fire alarm, and the panel was making a sound something akin to someone flatlining in a medical drama.

• The receiving doorbell, especially if it goes on for more than 1-2 seconds.
  • TEEEEEEAM I NEED A QUICK BACKUP AT REGISTER 5!!!
  • "Third request, service level exceeded."
  • There's multiple episodes of Veronica Mars that have the Drive Up car alarm arming sound effect and it shakes me every time I hear it.

The alert sound for flexes. I was in a bookstore about a year ago and someone was using that noise for their text alert (presumably, given how often it went off). I jumped out of my skin every time and actually reached for my (nonexistent) Zebra the first time.

This may be tied with the sound of my first name in triplicate when I have yet to figure out how to split myself three or more ways.

Kids kicking their feet while on kiddie carts. Sound echoes through the building and it’s like Jumanji or something

This was a while ago, but there was a tablet on display on an endcap by electronics and it would play the same little melody over and over. Four or five notes on constant repeat. I was working in a nearby area regularly at the time and it got on my nerves so much that I would go over to the tablet and press what I think was the "home" icon to get it to go to the main screen so the melody would stop playing.

Probably a week or so later, I overheard the PMT talking to the electronics TM telling them "something was wrong with the tablet" so they needed to check it to make sure it was still playing. They never found out that I was what was wrong with the tablet.

Super zoning an area then hearing items fall off shelves onto the floors in isles you have already went through.

Screaming/crying kids.

Any toy that makes noise.

Leaders that never stay off of the walkie. during a shift.

My name being called at any point for any reason on the walkie.

Super zoning an area then hearing items fall off shelves onto the floors in isles you have already went through.

Screaming/crying kids.

Any toy that makes noise.

Leaders that never stay off of the walkie. during a shift.

My name being called at any point for any reason on the walkie.
2 and 4 resonate lol

The fire alarm panels. That 'budeep budeep' sound. When Irma knocked out the power in our area for days (including our store even after we got a big enough backup generator days later) that alarm was still budeeping for close to 2 weeks. Now everytime one of them does this (every few weeks) it takes me back to darkness, heat, and the feeling of survival.

After an 8am-4:30pm service desk shift yesterday, when I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep I kept tensing thinking I was hearing the GS phone going off and I kept thinking about how I needed to answer it. I hate that stupid ring tone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back