Answered Non Cashier employees, how often do you get scheduled to me on a register?

Lol

I just got hired as a general merchandise expert and I am scheduled to work 2 shifts on the register. I am a little bummed out since I did not want to be a cashier. How many days do you get scheduled as a cashier? Or did they do that at the beginning just so you get trained for backup??

I used to get scheduled almost never before modernisation but after, I would have an hour or so dedicated to helping the front lanes. If you’re not trained, that could also be why. They spent about two hours letting me do self paced training.

As a Style TM I had one four-hour training shift. I've never been scheduled as a cashier since. One time shortly after I was hired, leadership called me on the walkie and asked if I wanted more hours, I said sure, then they said great it will be cashiering and I basically said Oh HELL no. Was never asked to work a cashier shift again. 😂

I used to get scheduled almost never before modernisation but after, I would have an hour or so dedicated to helping the front lanes. If you’re not trained, that could also be why. They spent about two hours letting me do self paced training.
I just got hired and have two full days on the register. I hope they don’t schedule me a lot.

At my store, all tms are trained as cashiers. In one year I have been scheduled one actual cashier shift, but in any given day I usually respond between 1-5 times. I'm not entirely sure what the thought process behind scheduling literally one cashier and one SCO is when we're doing similar numbers to 2019 black friday(where every checklane was filled), but hey. That's why I'm just the employee I guess. You know, two cashiers would be great

At my store, all tms are trained as cashiers. In one year I have been scheduled one actual cashier shift, but in any given day I usually respond between 1-5 times. I'm not entirely sure what the thought process behind scheduling literally one cashier and one SCO is when we're doing similar numbers to 2019 black friday(where every checklane was filled), but hey. That's why I'm just the employee I guess. You know, two cashiers would be great
What I'd give to have more cashiers scheduled...

Me, never. But I do go for backup in tech & front end. Take the hours. Get the training done.
Is it normal for me to be scheduled two full cashier shifts though? My first day is as an advocate and then next week I’m again scheduled as a cashier and another day I’m schedule for drive through pick up. I just wish I could be scheduled more for my department. Idk if it’s normal and just want me to be trained well

Is it normal for me to be scheduled two full cashier shifts though? My first day is as an advocate and then next week I’m again scheduled as a cashier and another day I’m schedule for drive through pick up. I just wish I could be scheduled more for my department. Idk if it’s normal and just want me to be trained well
Think about it this way, you are at gs & can’t do a return for a guest. Because you don’t know how. More hours for you, if you know a lot about spot. Wait till you see a schedule for 4 hours in a week.

Think about it this way, you are at gs & can’t do a return for a guest. Because you don’t know how. More hours for you, if you know a lot about spot. Wait till you see a schedule for 4 hours in a week.
Hmm I was hired for GM but it’s confusing how almost half of my training shifts are somewhere else but my department.

It does seem odd that they are scheduling you so many front end shifts though. GM is often called for backup but not usually scheduled up front.

Most of our cashiers are still in highschool, and just less mature/reliable in general. Last week nearly every one of them apparently went on a last minute vacation together according to hr, so that did leave us thin for several days. Stay flexible if at all possible, and hopefully a leader will recognize you!

"Gm style beauty, market, everyone but electronics if your not currently guest first, i need you upfront for backup, we have a line to pfresh, "-sd. I've only heard him ever say that once... and that was Halloween.

Honestly, you should welcome the opportunity to be cross trained. I know cashiering isn't everyone's cup of tea but knowing how to work all areas of the front end might come in handy down the road. That said, if you continue to be scheduled front end and not GM, I'd ask about it.

Honestly, you should welcome the opportunity to be cross trained. I know cashiering isn't everyone's cup of tea but knowing how to work all areas of the front end might come in handy down the road. That said, if you continue to be scheduled front end and not GM, I'd ask about it.
How many training shifts where you scheduled to cashier for when you first got hired? They scheduled me for two full shifts 😰 I used to be a cashier at my last job but i’m so tired of it! That’s why I got a new job

Back