Non-dry groceries now available for pick up?

OneGoodEar

Former team member
I thought I saw something about Target now offering non-dry grocery items for pick up? If so, where are they being stored fot pick up?

May be difficult to keep cold. Does anyone think Target will come out with their own brand of soda and seltzers in 12oz cans and 2L bottles? Everything G&G seems quite good. A broader line of no fat no sugar added ice cream would take off like an SR-71 Blackbird.

May be difficult to keep cold. Does anyone think Target will come out with their own brand of soda and seltzers in 12oz cans and 2L bottles? Everything G&G seems quite good. A broader line of no fat no sugar added ice cream would take off like an SR-71 Blackbird.
They have G&G flavored sparkling water in cans to compete with spindrift and la croix etc. people seem to like it

I thought I saw something about Target now offering non-dry grocery items for pick up? If so, where are they being stored fot pick up?
If you watch the video you will see it will be stored in one of the coolers . Since pfresh is push to floor there should be plenty of space

If you watch the video you will see it will be stored in one of the coolers . Since pfresh is push to floor there should be plenty of space

My store is pfresh and we have a separate cooler for pick up orders. That might be because we're in one of the test areas though; perhaps installing a separate cooler was deemed a bad idea. Using a cooler that is already there seems like smarter idea!

Our store already started doing this but barely mentioned it to the consumables and OPU teams. I actually work in both departments.

We are storing all the perishable items in the back of the store in our normal coolers and freezers.

We actually have the coolers and a freezers in our closed cafe for this.

However when I asked whenever they were going to be installed they said "whenever".

My store is pfresh and we have a separate cooler for pick up orders. That might be because we're in one of the test areas though; perhaps installing a separate cooler was deemed a bad idea. Using a cooler that is already there seems like smarter idea!
Depends on the store. They are expanding the process a year early which is causing them to in use existing coolers and freezers as a temporary solution while they roll it all out. Space constrained and high volume stores are still getting stand alone. We were given a 3 week notice for our store. We found out last week, coolers were delivered this week and we go live next week. The plan is to eventually have designated coolers and freezer up front. Behind guest service, Pizza Hut when it goes away, extra space. It all depends on your store model.

My store is AAA high volume and they brought us in one freezer cooler two regular coolers. We never had to use our own coolers even though we probably do have the space for it.

We aren’t getting new coolers or freezers. We’re a super so it’s going to be all kinds of fun getting these out to the guests for drive ups.

I forget the timeline but they’re attempting market OPU In 85% of stores by.... August? Like I said I can’t remember, but this is why they’re expanding drive up 2-8 spaces at almost all drive up locations by late July.

We started doing this a couple weeks ago. They're using the coolers in the deli/bakery area to hold the orders.

Our PMT dude was looking at the expansion of DU parking spaces the other day. Our Pfresh stuff is kept in the same coolers as the other stuff which makes for a very loooooooong walk. When I questioned the 2 minute DU time limit, I was told don't worry about it. Okay then. Remember you said that.

Last edited:
Launched acouple weeks ago for my store. We’ve been using our ambient room/meat cooler/ and freezer for our hold locations. A designated market team member is also our runner for the drive ups each day. Lots of trial and error so far but it has been working pretty well. Communication is key between guest services and our grocery OPU in order to keep the DU times low. So far it’s been good but I would love to get some coolers/freezers up front.

When we told Market of the runner plan they said "SAYYYY WHAT? NO." and so, GS gets to do the whole shebang bc it's just easier (although not quicker).

My store just started the fresh pickup. (Two weeks ago?) We got 3 large coolers for our orders to squeeze into our opu hold room. I guess it depends on the store.

When we told Market of the runner plan they said "SAYYYY WHAT? NO." and so, GS gets to do the whole shebang bc it's just easier (although not quicker).
To be fair I’d be pissed if they took my market team every time a fresh drive up showed up. GM/Food is super structured by push times and payroll allocation. No where in their time does it include running up to the front end

Oh I agree. I’d much rather control it from my end than try to depend on those moving parts.

If you watch the video you will see it will be stored in one of the coolers .

I can't watch the video as I don't work for Target at this moment. Besides, I'm sure the video will only be shown to a select few.

Last edited:
We just received some refrigeration units and they’re sitting in the backroom in cardboard boxes, I imagine this is what they’ll be for.

We start next week. Theirs 4 storage locations: produce cooler, meat, diary and freezer cooler for frozen. They took away one of my green racks for OPU storage. Fffffffffffffffk

I’ve noticed that food items located in baby have now been added to grocery pick-ups this week thus adding another department to divert to when completing the order.

Back