Not a wrongful fire, but definitely wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was my last day at my original store before I was *supposed* to transfer to a store in the city I am moving to. About 1 hour into my shift I was called into the back, no biggie, I figured my store director was just trying to finalize the transfer or something. BOY WAS I WRONG. She dropped me off in a room with our AP girl and her boss, the district manager, and a trainee. I thought it was odd but I had a seat. The district manager of AP starts asking me about codes, my experiences, etc. I am a Starbucks team member, or I was. She starts asking me about the coffee and snacks I'd taken, which I admitted to taking. The entire Starbucks team does. She also accused me of stealing a tumblr (I did not I simply forgot to scan it while ringing someone up) then said that simple mistake was me stealing, which upset me because it was a MISTAKE! She brought up salvage cups that my boyfriend, who is also the coffee master, had me sell because they were taking up space. I got in big trouble for that, and only I did, not my boyfriend, and not the other two team members who also did it. Needless to say I was fired, only I was fired and owe the company money. Personally I find this frustrating as it wasn't just me doing these things and we don't really have a team lead to monitor us either. The whole Starbucks team owes money and stole if they are going to be that way. I feel as if they were using me as a scapegoat to scare the other team members. But both my boyfriend and I agree if I was fired for this, so should he, and the other team members involved. Thoughts?
I apologize for any errors with spelling or grammar in this post, I am shaken up.

They may still go after the other TMs (and your boyfriend) but wanted to take care of you first so they didn’t pass along a problematic TM to another store to take care of.

“Everyone else was doing it” isn’t a defense. You got caught stealing. Pay what you owe, learn from the experience, and move on.

They may still go after the other TMs (and your boyfriend) but wanted to take care of you first so they didn’t pass along a problematic TM to another store to take care of.

“Everyone else was doing it” isn’t a defense. You got caught stealing. Pay what you owe, learn from the experience, and move on.
I am paying what I owe, what I am saying is that it seems odd to fire one person caught stealing and not the rest! But go off bud!

Spot will get the rest of them. You stole from spot & ap tracked every event to term you.
I don’t think everyone reading this understands, the ENTIRE Starbucks team was stealing. Not just me. That’s why I’m confused as to why I am the only one fired while they are aware of the rest.

One at a time. You were first because of the transfer. Cannot fire entire team the same day, who’s going to keep Starbucks open ? Also, it may fall under an amount/quantity. When an employee is fired for theft, AP is certain they have ENOUGH proof and a substantial number of occurrences before moving forward. Protection against wrongful termination from just one ‘mistake’ instance - there is a threshold to pass over before steps are taken. We had a tm ‘ticket switching’ for months - a case was being built . They couldn’t use video only, had to see her do it, enough times. It will happen if required, just a matter of time. You can Move on.

They most certainly can fire an entire team if there's just cause to keep others from trying to get out with as much as they can carry.
They'd rather term them, deny unemployment & attempt to collect restitution although scaring others into quitting would be the next preferable outcome for spot.
Either way, they'd have to call other stores for support until they could get a new team in & trained.

OP, can you comprehend the word "yet"? You don't have a crystal ball, you don't know what will eventually happen to others.

And do you know dollar amounts? Could everyone else have stolen a smaller cash value drinks? Or are you guessing about quantity?

I don’t understand why you keep bringing up that the rest of the team did it, it doesn’t matter? You got fired because you got caught stealing. If you want the rest of your team to get fired so badly then call the integrity hotline... But, you got what you deserved lol
I’m aware, and I did hunny

I hope you will be ok if you and your boyfriend are both jobless, try to find something else soon
I like how you say that after roasting me lol it’s fine. he’s applying elsewhere but hasn’t been in trouble yet. They’re kinda helping us out tho because he wants to move too but felt guilty quitting, he doesn’t anymore. Me on the other hand without giving my entire financial situation away I am a college student and have savings and help so I will be fine for a little bit with no job as long as I find something before I need to drop big bux on textbooks for spring semester. I understand why I was fired and that the team taking drinks is wrong. I was just mad that no other actions have been taken on anyone else yet. They barely brought it up to my boyfriend yesterday.

Last edited:
I like how you say that after roasting me lol it’s fine. he’s applying elsewhere but hasn’t been in trouble yet. They’re kinda helping us out tho because he wants to move too but felt guilty quitting, he doesn’t anymore. Me on the other hand without giving my entire financial situation away I am a college student and have savings and help so I will be fine for a little bit with no job. I understand why I was fired and that the team taking drinks is wrong. I was just mad that no other actions have been taken on anyone else yet. They barely brought it up to my boyfriend yesterday.
I didn’t mean to roast you, I think it’s an unfortunate situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back