Not available for last shift. What do I do with my name tag and discount card?

Ant

So my last shift is Saturday and I have a wedding to attend (already tried to send a time off request, denied) and I was told it was my last day so I decided that I'll attend the wedding. I was wondering on what I would have to do with my name tag and discount card if I'm not present on my shift.

Nah I definitely think they have a swat team dedicated to get a magnet and a piece of laminated paper.
Don’t think they will send out a team to hunt you down if you don’t.

Don't burn your bridge, clear it with all concerned and go in and turn in your stuff. I didn't burn my bridge even though it sounds like I did as I come across like a cocky old fucker but I left on my terms. The driver for my leaving wasn't there but the other good folks were. I did my part. I kinda miss the old gang.

If you ever go shopping there, turn it in to GS then. Or trash it, I gave back my discount card but never gave back my husband's.

And remember to put the shift up on Kronos and then look for your STL's name and use their employee number for future discounts! We love a secure schedule application!
Don't actually do this...

I kept my name tag. Keeps me humble.

I probably wouldn't hesitate to throw it in the trash in a few years, though. Not always worth clinging on to the past.

I had a collection of tags from my last job. It was fun to see how they had changed over the years. Pretty sure I got rid of them a long time ago though.

If I do a NCNS on my last shift will that go on my record like when I apply for a different job?

Dude, no. Wtf. You’ll be fine. I mean you should just call out instead of nc/ns so as not to be a dick. But holy shit there is no record to put in on.
If I do a NCNS on my last shift will that go on my record like when I apply for a different job?

I don’t think so, but it might make you marked as non-rehireable at target. But I’ll be surprised if no one takes that shift with 5 days to go.

But on a separate note, why don’t you just call on Saturday?

Add it to the wall!
wNSdu3C.png

I don’t think so, but it might make you marked as non-rehireable at target. But I’ll be surprised if no one takes that shift with 5 days to go.

But on a separate note, why don’t you just call on Saturday?
The TL is an ass to everyone. He has marked many people who call in as NCNS, so if I call in it'll have the same result.

I've worked at Target 3 different times, I've never turned in my name tags or discount cards. Never was contacted about returning them either. Just toss them out.

Turning in your discount card is more for show now since so many TMs just have it in their wallet. But it is a nice gesture and Leaders with a soul appreciate it. Name badges honestly don’t matter. If your name is super common you can turn it in - they might hire someone with your name in the future and voila they’ll already have a name badge. Unless they just toss them. So really it’s just up to you. If nobody picks up your shift see if you can’t find a couple of people to split it? Someone who is already working might be talked in to working a full shift instead of a 4 or 5 hour shift. If your shift hasn’t been claimed by someone(s) else just call in and press 9 to connect to Leaders. Let whoever it is that answers take your call. Then don’t look back, you did your part and can leave with dignity. 😊

Back