Archived Not being kept :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been working at spot for 2 months. My seasonal time is only till jan 15. I feel like I do my job well, I've gotten 14 redcards and I do everything I'm told to do. The other day food ave tm asks me if I'm seasonal, I say "yeah, I wonder if il be kept on." She just gave me a funky look and walked away.
Today fellow tm asks if I've been asked to stay yet. I tell him "no, have they started doing that?"
He said they've told a few people. But I haven't heard anything. I was really hoping to stay. Out of 4 cart attendants I'm the only one openly available. I wonder when il be told that I'm not being kept...

14 redcards?

Welcome to the Jungle!

We got fun and games!

If you're worried about not being kept on you should ask your ETL/TL if they plan on keeping you on because your end date is coming up soon.I was told the day I got hired that they were keeping on anyone that made it past the first two weeks of flow without quiting. Only 9 of the 11 hires made it this far and 4 of them will either end up working softlines or the backroom.

From my observation, they'll keep on anyone who wants to stay after 90 days who isn't an idiot... which is a pretty small minority of all the temps.

Every cashier they've let go walked out crying so far

We didn't have a single seasonal flow TM last longer than 3 days without quitting.

My store actually has regular positions available because we are so understaffed. In years past we had to let some pretty good workers go. This year we don't have any to pick from.

We didn't have a single seasonal flow TM last longer than 3 days without quitting.

My store actually has regular positions available because we are so understaffed. In years past we had to let some pretty good workers go. This year we don't have any to pick from.
Wow! Same at my store. We were so understaffed that our STL announced in a very rare huddle one morning that we would keep any seasonal workers that were willing to stay. IMO, this was the worse batch of workers ever. They don't want to work, call out and NCNS. Honestly some of us would rather work with less TMs than babysit them. As zone caption you are expected to know where everyone on your team is and what they're doing. Good luck with that! You spend most of your time trying to find them.

As usual most of our seasonals were kept, even though they swore up and down that they weren't keeping many, if any. This includes the cashier who NCNSed one Saturday and then the next day tried to play it off that she had been there, just forgot to punch in and out for starting/end times as well as meals and that the GSTL and LOD just failed to notice she was there all day.

Where are they finding some of these people? And can we send them back?

As usual most of our seasonals were kept, even though they swore up and down that they weren't keeping many, if any. This includes the cashier who NCNSed one Saturday and then the next day tried to play it off that she had been there, just forgot to punch in and out for starting/end times as well as meals and that the GSTL and LOD just failed to notice she was there all day.

Slap a yellow CRC sticker on there and see what happens!

My store kept the worst people. Let some good ones go. I think maybe they aren't paying attention.

A seasonal guy at my store showed up at 4AM in street clothes, announced he was sick to the LOD that was opening the door, and left. Called in the next two days due to being sick, and showed up to throw the truck questioning me if he was going to get fired because of what he did. Apparently he was questioning our ETL and Senior TL of Logisitics the same thing. Told the Senior TL he was quitting and walked out 10 minutes later. The next day he was let back.. apparently on CA. WTF.. Hope they don't keep him past 90 days.

Slap a yellow CRC sticker on there and see what happens!

Reminds me of this thread: http://www.thebreakroom.org/index.php?threads/ok.2192/

Well I asked an hr TM, she asked an LOD. Since I was scheduled for 2 days past my seasonal end date she said I'm being being kept but someone should be sitting down with me soon to tell me formally and give me a letter.
I guess my soul belongs to spot now... o_O

Does your 90 days begin the day you are offered your conditional job offer or the day you complete your orientation?

I think it's the day you get the conditional job offer. Because I was offered the job, one month later I had orientation and two months later my 90 days were up.

My 90 didn't start until my first shift (orientation), I know this because if that were the case my 90 would have been up this week and subsequently my seasonal, but I'm still scheduled past that.

I honestly don't know when I was hired. But my orientation was nov 8th and my seasonal employment is supposed to be till jan 15th

My 90 didn't start until my first shift (orientation), I know this because if that were the case my 90 would have been up this week and subsequently my seasonal, but I'm still scheduled past that.

Not sure I follow. You being scheduled past this week wouldn't mean you've yet to hit 90 days, it'd mean they'd decided to keep you past 90 days.

Huh, my HRTM said your 90 didn't start until orientation, but said HRTM has made a few understandable mistakes before, I should ask and know for sure, because if I have in fact passed my 90, I want to cross train ASAP whenever hours arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back