Not Feeling Well...

Hey all, I’m not feeling well at all and I have been running a fever today. I realize tomorrow is Black Friday and I’m needed, and I’m also a seasonal member who wants to be kept on after Christmas. My shift is from 7-5:30 tomorrow. What should I do??

If you are running a fever, don't go to work.
I repeat, DO NOT GO TO WORK.

They may need you but getting people sick, even if it isn't Covid isn't cool.
Stay home.
I understand you want to stay on and calling out sick may effect that but please, please, don't go in.

If you are running a fever, don't go to work.
I repeat, DO NOT GO TO WORK.

They may need you but getting people sick, even if it isn't Covid isn't cool.
Stay home.
I understand you want to stay on and calling out sick may effect that but please, please, don't go in.

I go in as they open. I should call right away right?

Call after midnight since there is no one working until then.. But do not go in.. DO NOT GO IN. I am stuck at home cause some asshole did just that and it was Covid.. My tests have not come back yet.. (thanks to all the assholes who think going to grandma's was a great idea!)

I'm gonna repeat what everyone here is saying. Do not, under any circumstance, go in to work with a fever. Seriously this is why this shit is still going on. If you don't feel good- stay home.

I get it, it has been hammered into people that calling off on Black Friday was a unforgivable sin.. And people who are seasonal have been told "you call out, you will not be kept." but this year is different.

Agreed that you should stay home. If your leadership isn't aware that new folks can get sick just like the rest of us, they suck and you should count your blessings if they let you go because you stayed home with Covid symptoms, as you'll be far better off in the long run someplace else.

By contrast, we had a new hire (not sure if she's seasonal or perm new hire, but new either way), manage two NCNSs on her first weekend (because, Kronos) and then have to be out a couple weeks because her roommate tested positive and she's still here. Do your absolute best when you're there, and make sure to keep your leaders apprised of the situation (that you're having symptoms, get tested ASAP and let them know you're doing that, keep them updated on your status, etc.) and it should be ok.

I hope it's a false alarm and you feel better soon!

Stay home! If you know anyone's number who will be there, text them and then start calling at one. Opus have to be cleared by 8 so they should be in at midnight.

And get a COVID test asap to show that you aren't just flaking out.

Thanks all, still not feeling good at all so I’ll definitely apply everyone’s advice on this one

I'm glad you are going to take everyone's advice. Target will be just fine without you. They schedule a lot of people so no worries. When you call the store and start hearing the recording, just hit 9 to get a leader.

Take it easy. If your running a fever the worst thing you can do for yourself and others is to go in especially with covid running around. The best thing to do is to rest and get lots of fluids/fever reducing meds into your system.

This year definitely was an exception with the pandemic. Anyway, I know I'm a day late but take care of yourself.

Call in sick, get tested, apply for a COVID LOA if positive. Keep yourself and others safe.
Call Leaves and Disability right away. You will be paid for the time you miss if you have documentation of symptoms and do what they tell you to do. You can just use the free tele-doc that Target has provided.
Ill/Symptomatic Paid Leave Paid leave for team members who are experiencing symptoms or have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Who’s eligible: All team members, including team members with less than 90 days of service and seasonal team members.
Pay: 100% of pay based on average hours. Pay for non-exempt team members will be listed as two items: 75% sick pay and Other Pay. Pay may be spread over multiple paychecks.
Length: As directed by the provider or per CDC recommendations.
How to request: Team member (or HR) should request this leave through Target Leave and Disability. The leave can be requested in the following ways:  LeavePro self-service accessed from targetpayandbenefits.com by clicking on the “Manage Leave of Absence” link in the gray Resources box. Provider documentation can be uploaded to the site.  Call the Target Leave and Disability team at 800-828-5850.  Email targetleaveanddisability@reedgroup.com. Include team member name and team member number, effective dates of the leave and reason for the leave. Provider documentation should be attached to the email.
Documentation required: The team member will need to provide Target Leave and Disability documentation of the illness (e.g. note from their provider or the testing facility) for the leave to be approved and pay issued. Pay will not be issued until appropriate documentation has been received.
Return from Leave: Target Leave and Disability team will return the team member back to work based on direction by the medical provider or CDC guidelines.

Last edited:
Call Leaves and Disability right away. You will be paid for the time you miss if you have documentation of symptoms and do what they tell you to do. You can just use the free tele-doc that Target has provided.
Ill/Symptomatic Paid Leave Paid leave for team members who are experiencing symptoms or have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Who’s eligible: All team members, including team members with less than 90 days of service and seasonal team members.
Pay: 100% of pay based on average hours. Pay for non-exempt team members will be listed as two items: 75% sick pay and Other Pay. Pay may be spread over multiple paychecks.
How to request: Team member (or HR) should request this leave through Target Leave and Disability. The leave can be requested in the following ways:  LeavePro self-service accessed from targetpayandbenefits.com by clicking on the “Manage Leave of Absence” link in the gray Resources box. Provider documentation can be uploaded to the site.  Call the Target Leave and Disability team at 800-828-5850.  Email targetleaveanddisability@reedgroup.com. Include team member name and team member number, effective dates of the leave and reason for the leave. Provider documentation should be attached to the email.
Documentation required: The team member will need to provide Target Leave and Disability documentation of the illness (e.g. note from their provider or the testing facility) for the leave to be approved and pay issued. Pay will not be issued until appropriate documentation has been received.
Return from Leave: Target Leave and Disability team will return the team member back to work based on direction by the medical provider or CDC guidelines.
This is good advice, but if I emailed HR with proof and they applied for a COVID LOA for me, do I have to do anything extra? They said they’re waiting for it to be approved, I don’t know if I have to call pay and benefits also.

This is good advice, but if I emailed HR with proof and they applied for a COVID LOA for me, do I have to do anything extra? They said they’re waiting for it to be approved, I don’t know if I have to call pay and benefits also.
This leave of absence is managed by Reed Group, not your store, not HR. You should apply through Leaves and Disabilities, but if it's waiting approval through HR, I'd call Leaves and Disabilities since that's most likely where they sent it. This info is all on the Team Member Services website.

Better info than my HR who basically said "you should go get tested but you can keep working if you don't have symptoms.". I sat my ass at home. and have called out for three days now.. Waiting to hear back from both the lab and HR since I faxed over my paperwork stating "she is going to be at home for 10 days per CDC guidelines for an exposure to a symptomatic person."

Better info than my HR who basically said "you should go get tested but you can keep working if you don't have symptoms.". I sat my ass at home. and have called out for three days now.. Waiting to hear back from both the lab and HR since I faxed over my paperwork stating "she is going to be at home for 10 days per CDC guidelines for an exposure to a symptomatic person."
This is just a part of the information. I have given this information to several tms that were symptomatic or exposed. (Our store HR did not seem to know what they should do other than tell them not to come to work until symptom free for 24 hours, which is crap. ) They all used the virtual doctor and followed the directions. No problems. I really recommend that everyone check the covid hubs on our tm services webpage. There is a lot of info about everything.

This is just a part of the information. I have given this information to several tms that were symptomatic or exposed. (Our store HR did not seem to know what they should do other than tell them not to come to work until symptom free for 24 hours, which is crap. ) They all used the virtual doctor and followed the directions. No problems. I really recommend that everyone check the covid hubs on our tm services webpage. There is a lot of info about everything.

I wasn't even given that.. Virtual doc? Yeah no. I got told "you are fine go back to work." I had a swab jammed up nose in three hours after I was told.. Going by the dates of the person I was exposed to, I was exposed while she asymptomatic. And she was at work actively sick. This was a full bore work place exposure, and having worked in medical labs the handling of it was bullshit.

Back