Archived Not on File Merchandise?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of who hates it!!!!! I certainly do....... and second, who at your store is responsible for it. At my store is falls on my team, the PC team and I am looking at making it disappear from my daily routine. Any thoughts?

We tried at our store to have the TLs responsible for it, and that plan fell through when the TLs just became the entire salesfloor. So we just ask PC if they can handle it when they have some spare time.

i hate it. we get a lot in the fitting room its ussually online returns that the guest service desk didnt mark :/

We have bins behind the service desk for each area's items, which the TLs are supposed to come and take care of when they fill up. Yeah, like that's going to happen!

NOF is the responsibility of the pricing team. Though if your PC team is like the PC team at my store then they are clueless and constantly screwing up NOF, which leaves it to me to fix. I wish someone other than me could see how to put together item merges, new planograms, new packaging, sales planners, seasonal items, etc., etc. to make it work but it seems they can't.

I hate when guests get a hold of it and try to buy it. You can't ask them the price because they'll just make up a number that they want to pay, rather than a reasonable price for such an item. Then the GSTL has to make up a number because it's easier than trying to explain to the guest about missed salvage and why they can't buy it.

Missed salvage? Why don't your GSTLs just scan it in item search and sell it for the last selling price? NOF is the bane of my existence. Pricing never has time to come deal with it, so eventually it ends up overflowing their bin behind guest service and I give up and just take care of it myself.

i hate it too!!! lol.. i just had an item today!!.. basically everyone just usually backstocks it (trys to) and it goes from there... lol.. i really dont know who eventually gets a hold of it to put it on file..

Missed salvage? Why don't your GSTLs just scan it in item search and sell it for the last selling price? NOF is the bane of my existence. Pricing never has time to come deal with it, so eventually it ends up overflowing their bin behind guest service and I give up and just take care of it myself.

I've found that most times when I run into this, I happen to be working with the one GSA that has no interest in carrying the PDA. No PDA = no Item Search.

Ah, well that's not helpful. I can't imagine running a GSA shift without having a PDA. We have a "no blinking" policy on our front end. LOL

At my store, the receiver takes care of the items that turn up in the backroom. Otherwise, PC team all the way!

We had someone bring something to the pharmacy yesterday that wasn't in the register....softlines couldn't find it either so we looked it up on target.com ;)

Ah, well that's not helpful. I can't imagine running a GSA shift without having a PDA. We have a "no blinking" policy on our front end. LOL

At my store, they try to encourage us to use the HELP key rather than the flasher, but when the GSA won't carry the PDA, it's pretty much useless.

we just throw all our NOF/wrong store stuff into a tub and wait for price change to deal with it, and it usually takes them atleast a month to even do it. Dunno why they wait that long, takes em 15min to SIM the whole tub and get rid of it

What happens if you backstock the items? At my store, this is what we were told to do with it!

What happens if you backstock the items? At my store, this is what we were told to do with it!

can't back stock NOF merchandise..... Doesn't have a valid UPC. You might be thinking of Not on planogram

Im the GSTL at my store and I have my GS Team take care of it because price change usually has a big workload.

Im the GSTL at my store and I have my GS Team take care of it because price change usually has a big workload.

It's all about what kind of partnership you have with your PATL.

we just throw all our NOF/wrong store stuff into a tub and wait for price change to deal with it, and it usually takes them atleast a month to even do it. Dunno why they wait that long, takes em 15min to SIM the whole tub and get rid of it

SIM is not always what should happen but it seems that's all anyone thinks to do with the stuff.

My problem is yes, my team is responsible for it, however we do not have the chance on a day to day basis to get to it. I am just sick of when we do finally get to it, which is maybe once a week 3/4 of the stuff in it isn't NOF! ugh...... Drives me insane! I guess I just need to coach those who don't know how to properly handle NOF merchandise. I'm thinking of trying to make it a team effort for my fellow TL's at least have some ownership in it.

When our "price accuracy" bin at the service desk gets full I will try to go through and sort what I can; a lot of times it will come up as missed salvage, online only, or "as is". Our price team is way overworked as it is so we try to help them out with this.

Our service desk people deal with what can be priced and sold immediately. Online only should be defected at point of return. NOP should be backstocked until its status changes(clearance/mir) True NOF items which require DPCI/UPC maintenance is best handled by price change because they are time consuming and require access to a variety of resources most team members cannot use well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back