Archived Not scheduled for work for a whole week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says. I'm new and am only on my 4th day. I'm done with work for this week, but next week, I don't have any scheduled work days. BUT, I'm scheduled to work 5 days the next week after that week.

I'm sure there's a reason behind it, a thing to note is I do have my availability as OPEN to every day of the week. But I feel like I'm being punished for not being able to sell Red Cards. Any opinions? :(

https://i.imgur.com/Q2WHP8S.png
This is next week's schedule.

https://i.imgur.com/VyqT4Lj.png
And the week after.

Last edited:
Not punished, just a bit of a scheduling error. Talk to your HR!

Target isn't Best Buy, they don't reduce hours because you can't sell redcards, and since it's only your 4th day there's literally nothing to worry about. If you need hours, they will find you hours.

Now, if you want an example of punishment by hours, try coming to my store and asking for time off and watch all of your hours fly away.

I'm new and am only on my 4th day. I'm done with work for this week, but next week, I don't have any scheduled work days. BUT, I'm scheduled to work 5 days the next week after that week.

I'm sure there's a reason behind it, a thing to note is I do have my availability as OPEN to every day of the week. But I feel like I'm being punished for not being able to sell Red Cards. Any opinions? :(

CookieButter, don't be sad. It could be that they already used up most of next week's payroll hours before you were on-boarded through orientation. They are supposed to write schedules ahead of time so you didn't exist in their system at the time of writing. It has nothing to do with you personally. Cheer up, enjoy a mini break next week, and kick butt at cashiering the week after. :)

PS - People always call off so they might call you to add shifts next week as well. If your store has the Branch app or Kronos app, you can also pick up shifts from there.

Last edited:
I'm 90 percent sure they just haven't entered in your schedule into mytime. This happens at my store. I don't have another hrtm so I just haven't had time.

Did you get a paper schedule at orientation? If so go by that for now.

@HRZone Yeah, I did. It was my first week of work. Which was this past week. But this week, I'm not scheduled for anything at all. But the week after this week, I work 5 days.

@HRZone Yeah, I did. It was my first week of work. Which was this past week. But this week, I'm not scheduled for anything at all. But the week after this week, I work 5 days.

Yup someone just needs to enter your schedule in. Call the store asap and ask for HR.

I haven't been able to add everyone's schedule in at my store although I often enter the nearest weeks asap and the future ones later.

don't fear, if we hate you we give you 4hrs. If we really hate you its broken down into two shifts. At least at my store.

They definitely just forgot to write it somewhere.

Swap shifts are your friend. Sometimes online stuff is not correct. Check the paper schedules on wall.

I am new and for weeks one and two, I was just on a paper training schedule.
My first real schedule on mytime is the one for 2 weeks out.

Not punished, just a bit of a scheduling error. Talk to your HR!

Target isn't Best Buy, they don't reduce hours because you can't sell redcards, and since it's only your 4th day there's literally nothing to worry about. If you need hours, they will find you hours.

Now, if you want an example of punishment by hours, try coming to my store and asking for time off and watch all of your hours fly away.
Whats time off, like vacation time?

Whats time off, like vacation time?

Yeah or just getting time off. They'll accept it, but then get a sore thumb over it at my store lol. This past June/July I had 2 weekends off just for College Visits/Life things and sometime around late August/First week of September I had asked to cross-train into Hardlines and they brought up concern about my availability and time off I've taken.... I went the whole month of August with no time off and had the weekend after July 4th off for family things lol. Last weekend off before that was my Highschool Graduation, and all the days then + the weekend then back to work monday 7am sharp. Did a few college visits.

My ETL-GE is kind of funky, I like her but I don't, she's the one that gives me the most trouble at my store. If you ever hear me complaining and whining here, she's most likely the reason lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back