Archived Now it's posted, what's your schedule for Thanksgiving and Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store, the majority of the overnight team is off for Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

M-W: 4:00am-8:00am
Thurs: 11pm-7:30am
Friday: see above
Saturday: 4:00am-8:00am

This will be my first time even being out on black Friday, it'll be interesting...

ah.... only if my store had these intelligent looking guests ... lol
1108-bf13_full_600.jpg

Ones that crowd the TSC door?

Since I have super limited availability, I wasn't actually scheduled. But, I'm off from my other job that day, I need to pick up stuff there anyway and I know closing down the store on BF is super easy, I volunteered to grab a closing shift on BF. They asked if I wanted to work Thanksgiving and I said "Not in the slightest." So they didn't bother scheduling me then

Friday 6:00am-2:30pm. I am a PA in Market and will be "opening" market if you can call it that..

I will expect it to be slow till about 8:00am then all hell to break loose (I was Hard-lines last year's Black Friday and started at 8:00am to 5:00 and it was like walking into a nightmare).

Wednesday to Thursday overnight to set up! (Can't wait! By far my favorite day of the year!)
Friday 12am-9am. Then again 6pm-1130pm.
Saturday OFF. (That's my next full day off...)

Well i was
Thurs: 7:15pm-5am
Fri:9am-5
Told my ETL to take that schedule as shove it im not doing almost 10hours, going home for 4 hours, then an 8 hour shift, so they took me off friday and now im going in for over night set up wensday 10-6 then off fri, sat, sun till im back in monday morning :D

Thursday 7PM to Friday 7AM.
Friday 5PM to close.

At least I got more than eight hours between shifts.

So I've wondered, what happens if you call out Black Friday? I was told today there is no such thing and you'll be expected to show or its a basic termination? Unless you have a hospital note or something...? I don't condone calling out but if you're sick, you're sick. Or if theres a family emergency. But I've wondered.

So I've wondered, what happens if you call out Black Friday? I was told today there is no such thing and you'll be expected to show or its a basic termination? Unless you have a hospital note or something...? I don't condone calling out but if you're sick, you're sick. Or if theres a family emergency. But I've wondered.

I was told that if it's anything less than life threatening or a serious emergency that required you too be there and not at work, it was a term. It was implied that if you weren't immediately termed it would put you on final + hour cut, but they didn't explicitly say that.

Mind you, this wasn't on record from hr, but I spoke to some veteran employees with multiple q4s with the spot and that was the general consensus.

Last edited:
Calling out on Black Friday or Thanksgiving had better come with the bill from the Emergency Room. Or a death certificate. It's "too important" that the drones get their deals than for us to have anything happen to us in those 48 hours.

Thursday- Off
Friday---- 4am - 12:45pm

I haven't worked that early since I started closing three or so weeks ago. I least I get to partake in shopping after my shift, though I haven't inquired on the specifics of TM shopping during this sale. Will do when I go in tomorrow.

Thursday- Off

I haven't worked that early since I started closing three or so weeks ago. I least I get to partake in shopping after my shift, though I haven't inquired on the specifics of TM shopping during this sale. Will do when I go in tomorrow.

Just have to be off the clock. No hiding stuff etc, and strongly suggested that you have a different shirt and or jacket to cover up the red shirt.

Thursday- Off

you don't shop during your shift. shop after, probably want to take the uniform off.

What do ETLs and STLs work? I'm figuring probably 12-14 hours? Just curious. I've worked retail management at a grocer and was once at the store from noon until 2 AM on the Fourth of July.

What do ETLs and STLs work? I'm figuring probably 12-14 hours? Just curious. I've worked retail management at a grocer and was once at the store from noon until 2 AM on the Fourth of July.

maybe someone can further clarify, but i think it depends on the workload. I have seen one of my former ETL-LOG work around 18hrs one time. I worked early in the morning, then i came back at night too shop and he was still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back