Archived Number 40 repacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, its all transition stuff. But it’s mixed! Toys, kitchen, home improvement all in the same repack.

You’re wrapping them? Ugh trapping is such a time suck. The time you save throwing it in the steel you pay back and then some digging through it since unlike in the old days, we don’t set overnight or 4am and you can’t drag the pallet out and bowl it out

Yep, its all transition stuff. But it’s mixed! Toys, kitchen, home improvement all in the same repack.

You’re wrapping them? Ugh trapping is such a time suck. The time you save throwing it in the steel you pay back and then some digging through it since unlike in the old days, we don’t set overnight or 4am and you can’t drag the pallet out and bowl it out

If you trapped them and then waited until the end of the set week to work them, wouldn't you be able to just work all of it out, no sorting, no digging? Or does that not work with how modernization has been implemented in your store?

If you trapped them and then waited until the end of the set week to work them, wouldn't you be able to just work all of it out, no sorting, no digging? Or does that not work with how modernization has been implemented in your store?
Takes more time. Think of it this way, if you’re pushing, say, domestics. What’s faster to push, a pallet of domestics that goes anywhere you set that week, or batches that are specific to the aisle/pog?

Takes more time. Think of it this way, if you’re pushing, say, domestics. What’s faster to push, a pallet of domestics that goes anywhere you set that week, or batches that are specific to the aisle/pog?

I see your point. I guess I've never noticed one or the other to take that much longer. We've always just loosely sorted the repacks as we worked them, most recently- worked the bedding/curtains to location and then started a separate repack for soft kitchen and when the repack was full then walked it over to work out.

I don't know that there is any ideal way to deal with these repacks which is kind of a bummer.

I see your point. I guess I've never noticed one or the other to take that much longer. We've always just loosely sorted the repacks as we worked them, most recently- worked the bedding/curtains to location and then started a separate repack for soft kitchen and when the repack was full then walked it over to work out.

I don't know that there is any ideal way to deal with these repacks which is kind of a bummer.
The ideal way to deal with these repacks would be to have backroom backstock them. Oh wait... 😩

Flex transition repacks, backstock case transition. Might be different when the remodel ends, though.

The ideal way to deal with these repacks would be to have backroom backstock them. Oh wait... 😩

It would almost make sense for the Presentation Experts to be given time to do that, right? Since if an area has that much transition it would likely be something they'd be working with in the future?

Or would Target consider that a waste of time since it would be double touching the items? I understand they don't like people who push repacks to even sort those and that doesn't involve backstocking then pulling it..

That made no sense
It did to me. Asking if I can help them find something (while on the floor) or asking if they found everything (at checkout) frequently generates a reference to a hidden million dollars or Wonka's golden ticket.

When I was a cashier at my last job I quickly learned to stick with "hi" because literally anything else turns into a rant about their personal lives and/or ranting to me about issues with company policy like I'm a licensed therapist/CEO and can change it. Shut the fuck up and pay for your shit already

Backstock it.

Or guests can order it, I can INF it, I can audit it out with zero fucks given, and you can get even more of it sent to you.
Good point for me to bring up to those at my store that want it trapped.

Last edited:
Good point for me to being up to those at my store that want it trapped.

Tell them your flex fill team WILL audit it to zero. When we were doing the Easter mini-seasonal transition, we had an OPU order for nothing but 8 different easter candies. It was all up in the steel. I audited it all to zero right in front of a hardlines TL.

I remember being told like 2 years ago when sfs started that there was to be no more transition pallets. It all had to be backstocked..😂 hasn’t happened yet. We have at least a dozen right now and even when pog sets an aisle they don’t push it

Tell them your flex fill team WILL audit it to zero. When we were doing the Easter mini-seasonal transition, we had an OPU order for nothing but 8 different easter candies. It was all up in the steel. I audited it all to zero right in front of a hardlines TL.
Trapping transition is the company standard? I get INFing instead of digging for it but why would you deliberately zero it out and mess up the count? That’s just stupid

our pharmacy is about to reset, so I've been getting like 50% or more transition mixed into my repacks (well, today's truck was only 10% transition) I wish they'd given us 40s for it. It would've rocked. I could have just trapped them and not have to make them fit in our itty bitty pharmacy room in our little backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back