Archived Oct13-15 job opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got hired on the spot and HR gave me the conditional job offer form. Is this meant I am not a seasonal employee or I will know once they let me know when my orientation is. I receive an email Sunday and my orientaion was this tuesday, but she told me to ignore it since they will call me for my orientation date.

The conditional job offer form is one thing. The seasonal addendum is something seasonals sign. You are probably regular if you only got one.

The conditional job offer form is one thing. The seasonal addendum is something seasonals sign. You are probably regular if you only got one.

Yes. I only got the conditional job offer form after my interview.

I got hired on the spot and HR gave me the conditional job offer form. Is this meant I am not a seasonal employee or I will know once they let me know when my orientation is. I receive an email Sunday and my orientaion was this tuesday, but she told me to ignore it since they will call me for my orientation date.

Your HR might have forgotten to give the seasonal addendum form to you to sign. Usually, all hires at this time of the year are marked as seasonal. Of course, if you are a good fit, you will get transitioned to regular status in January or so.

Your HR might have forgotten to give the seasonal addendum form to you to sign. Usually, all hires at this time of the year are marked as seasonal. Of course, if you are a good fit, you will get transitioned to regular status in January or so.

Even though I sign up for both position? I will just have to wait until they call me for orientation and hopefully they will let me know when. I should contact them on Tuesday if I have not heard anything from HR

Even though I sign up for both position? I will just have to wait until they call me for orientation and hopefully they will let me know when. I should contact them on Tuesday if I have not heard anything from HR

Yes, whether you are interested in staying short-term or long-term, we bring almost everybody on as seasonal during the holidays. Leadership will observe you during this time. If they feel that you are an asset to the team, then you will transition to become a regular TM. This process is kind of similar to the 90-day period for a regular TM.

Yeah, ask them if you are not sure. Most likely you were coded as seasonal. I was told by other HR Leaders in the past that seasonal TMs don't affect the turnover rate if they get terminated (@HRZone, can you confirm if what they told me is true?). For this reason, I don't see why they would code you as a regular TM during the holidays when seasonal is more beneficial to the store just in case you don't work out for them.

Yes, whether you are interested in staying short-term or long-term, we bring almost everybody on as seasonal during the holidays. Leadership will observe you during this time. If they feel that you are an asset to the team, then you will transition to become a regular TM. This process is kind of similar to the 90-day period for a regular TM.

Yeah, ask them if you are not sure. Most likely you were coded as seasonal. I was told by other HR Leaders in the past that seasonal TMs don't affect the turnover rate if they get terminated (@HRZone, can you confirm if what they told me is true?). For this reason, I don't see why they would code you as a regular TM during the holidays when seasonal is more beneficial to the store just in case you don't work out for them.

Thanks, I will see when I get my orientation date and give you guys update.

Should I call on Tuesday for an update on the orientation date? Any suggestion.

Thanks @HRLady the one thing I'll add is some people we are hiring right now at my store we are hiring as regular.

We were told we couldn't hire seasonal beauty.

We also know some folks if you tell them they are seasonal will keep job hunting. Sometimes my leaders will tell me to offer someone a regular position even though outside of 90 there are little promises

Last edited:
Thanks, I will see when I get my orientation date and give you guys update.

Should I call on Tuesday for an update on the orientation date? Any suggestion.

I would be patient as soon as they have one they would call you. If you haven't heard from them within
Exactly one week of your offer I would reach out

Thanks @HRLady the one think I'll add is some people we are hiring right now at my store we are hiring as regular.

We were told we couldn't hire seasonal beauty.

We also know some folks if you tell them they are seasonal will keep job hunting. Sometimes my leaders will tell me to offer someone a regular position even though outside of 90 there are little promises

That's interesting. Is it a company-wide suggestion/policy or a store choice not to hire PG 35 as seasonal?

My current ETL told us to hire everyone as seasonal and inform them that they can become a regular if they perform well, etc. The only thing she emphasized was different this year was that certain work centers only require one interview while some still need two. Well, that, and the new pay grades.

I know what you mean. Certain people only want regular. My ETL won't bend to keep them though. She is super set in her ways. If applicants have no weekend availability and aren't okay with seasonal, then she will just cut them loose.

Last edited:
That's interesting. Is it a company-wide suggestion/policy or a store choice not to hire PG 35 as seasonal?

I think it may be store choice. Because we have definitely hired some AA as seasonals.

Yeah my etl hr doesn't care about retention in theory hiring everyone as seasonal gives you some cushion if they don't work out but I know last year it caused us to lose some good ones as they got hired elsewhere.

Since Target doesn't encourage us to let people know we are keeping them until January in December they start getting antsy to know if they are being retained or not

I think it may be store choice. Because we have definitely hired some AA as seasonals.

Yeah my etl hr doesn't care about retention in theory hiring everyone as seasonal gives you some cushion if they don't work out but I know last year it caused us to lose some good ones as they got hired elsewhere.

Since Target doesn't encourage us to let people know we are keeping them until January in December they start getting antsy to know if they are being retained or not

Oh I see. I guess both of our teams are making certain hiring choices based on what we learned from the past is best for our particular store. My store has high turnover (other local businesses pay more) so seasonal coding is better.

Hello @HRLady and @HRZone,

Just to give you an update, today I got a call and letting me know that they have not forgetten about me. They are letting me know that they will contact me next week for the specific orientation date.

I will give you an update whether I have to sign the seasonal contract or not.

Thank you for giving me advice.

For orientation, what do they expect us to wear?

What type of shoes is required for target as their uniform? Regular shoes such as Dark shoes from Vans.

For orientation, what do they expect us to wear?

What type of shoes are required for target as their uniform? Regular shoes such as Dark shoes from Vans.

Regular clothes are fine for orientation. You still want to look put together though. No ripped saggy jeans, gym clothes, sweats, flip flops, slippers, PJs, holey shirts with stains, etc.

They will tell you more about the dress code during orientation. Most regular closed-toed sneakers should be fine.

Last edited:
It really baffles me how many people are unsure what to wear to their orientation, like why would their HR leave that out?? I was told like 8 times “be sure to wear red and khaki to orientation!” So crazy that these people’s HR fail to mention how to dress, if no one told me what to wear I’d be hardcore stressing

So crazy that these people’s HR fail to mention how to dress, if no one told me what to wear I’d be hardcore stressing

Why? If it wasn't mentioned to wear red and khaki (like it is now), I'd just wear something neat and presentable (no jeans/hoodies anything like that).

Why? If it wasn't mentioned to wear red and khaki (like it is now), I'd just wear something neat and presentable (no jeans/hoodies anything like that).
Because if no one specifies what to wear to your job how would you know lol what if you’re dressed all nice and everyone is casual? What if you’re casual and everyone is dressed nice? What if you show up in normal clothes and some people are in red and khaki? They should just specify

For mine (this year), I was specifically told to wear "street clothes". For my first 2 orientations, I was told to wear red & khaki. Why this year was different, I don't know...and didn't care enough to ask either.

For mine (this year), I was specifically told to wear "street clothes". For my first 2 orientations, I was told to wear red & khaki. Why this year was different, I don't know...and didn't care enough to ask either.

They probably want you to do the on the floor activity. If you are in red and khaki you will be bothered by guest

HR told me 'business casual' for my orientation. At my previous job, business casual meant slacks/skirt/dress and a shirt or blouse with a collar or nice sweater or top. Not necessary to wear dress shoes but no sneakers/running shoes. However, more than half of the attendees wore jeans and several also wore t-shirts and sneakers. HR didn't seem to mind. ASANTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back