Archived Official "Complain about your holiday hours" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only was scheduled 37 hours :(

They never do just give me 40. I always get 40 by being flexible and stay past my out time when asked or simply picking up slack from call outs.

Ugh, paid time for the 25th, yeah, pretty sure I don't get that either. Will next year, but didn't average enough hours the early part of this year.

That requires 29.5 hours per week average for the year? I think my last check said 29.46
I don't think anyone gets paid for Christmas, unless you are salaried and you get paid 365/24/7

Full time people get paid 8 hours for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

My store is actually cutting hours....even though we are making sales. We were told because we overspent all of Nov...I say because the Stl wants a bonus

Ugh, paid time for the 25th, yeah, pretty sure I don't get that either. Will next year, but didn't average enough hours the early part of this year.

That requires 29.5 hours per week average for the year? I think my last check said 29.46
I don't think anyone gets paid for Christmas, unless you are salaried and you get paid 365/24/7

I did not know that. Thanks. But who do they consider full time?
Even though I work avg 39 hrs it still says part time on my pay stub.

It may SAY part-time but look where your avg hrs are. That tells where you really are.

Is that why when I checked my hours for that week (on my phone) it said I had 46.5 hours and showed me working 15.5 hours on Saturday. But time is 3-11:30?

If that's split across two employers then it doesn't count. Same as if you work 50 hours per week, 30 at one place and 20 at another you won't get a cent of overtime. If you are just working at target then the average takes into account all your weekly hours as far back as January so if you had several weeks working only 20 hours then the average would stay low because of that.

The only thing i have to complain about is all the price changes that week! hopefully will be off by 230 on christmas eve, in at 4 am on the 26th.

Our price change load is super heavy all that week. Im scheduled for my reg. 6-2:30 shift mon & tues. But my STL has us working an overnight to deal with price changes. Gotta go back at midnight to 8 am to tackle wed/thurs workload. Off christmas. 3:00-1130 on the 26..

7:30 to 4 on Monday
6:30 am to 3 pm Tuesday
1 pm to 10 pm Wednesday
1 pm to 11 pm Friday
2 pm to 11 pm Saturday
2 pm to 10 pm Sunday

Whee!

Part time/full time is refigured for each TM after each calendar year. Thus you will be refigured as full time next year for the entire year.

12am-8am 12/24
12am-8am 12/26

Thanks, price changes!!

12/22 8AM-4PM
12/23 8AM-4PM
12/24 8AM-4PM
12/26 8AM-4PM

Well, at least I can have dinner, but my family's tradition is having Christmas on Christmas Eve morning (That's how my grandma did it in Norway and it's kind of transferred over here)

Is that why when I checked my hours for that week (on my phone) it said I had 46.5 hours and showed me working 15.5 hours on Saturday. But time is 3-11:30?
I had the exact same issue. The extra hours only showed up on target.com/viewschedule and not on eHR or anywhere else. I also didn't get paid for the extra hours, so I'm guessing it was just a mistake somewhere.

Part time/full time is refigured for each TM after each calendar year. Thus you will be refigured as full time next year for the entire year.

What date does this happen? Do you accrue more vacation hours if you are listed as full time or do you get them based on the hours you work?

What date does this happen? Do you accrue more vacation hours if you are listed as full time or do you get them based on the hours you work?

I want to say that the dates used to figure eligibility are from 1/1 to 12/31 but your status runs from 4/1 to 3/31.

Vacation hours are based on the amount of hours you work and your years of service/confinement.

It requires 32.0

The only thing i have to complain about is all the price changes that week! hopefully will be off by 230 on christmas eve, in at 4 am on the 26th.

Our price change load is super heavy all that week. Im scheduled for my reg. 6-2:30 shift mon & tues. But my STL has us working an overnight to deal with price changes. Gotta go back at midnight to 8 am to tackle wed/thurs workload. Off christmas. 3:00-1130 on the 26..

I wish they would have let us do overnight. The wed/thurs workload is huge and they just have us doing half on tues and half on wed. regular 6-230 hours ugh guests are going to get in the way

Lol I got cut to one shift all week. Might be good for my sanity, but not so much when I have bills to pay and possibly car repairs.

How do you guys know in advance how heavy the price changes will be?

Backroom Detail Report, all discontinued toys. 'Tis a horrifying sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back