Archived Official "Complain about your holiday hours" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work till 10:30 PM on the 24th, come in 7:30 AM the 26th.

Work until 4pm on the 24th and off until the 29th. Using a few vacation hours to add on, as well as the paid time for the 25th. I really can't complain this time around.

Ugh, paid time for the 25th, yeah, pretty sure I don't get that either. Will next year, but didn't average enough hours the early part of this year.

That requires 29.5 hours per week average for the year? I think my last check said 29.46

I work until 6pm Christmas Eve but I have off the day after Christmas so I'm really not complaining too much. Last year I closed on the 24th and had a 4am shift the 26th so it's an improvement.

End at 7:30 on the 24th, start at 10:15 on the 26th. I honestly feel bad about it because I don't celebrate Christmas so I feel like I'm "wasting" my evening off when it could go to my coworkers with family.

Haven't worked on the dayside since October... Oh, fourth quarter electronics...

Scheduled long enough to need a lunch every shift until Christmas. Nobody else scheduled that even could use the Photo kiosks. Basically my lunch breaks will consist of walking helpless TMs through whatever in between bites of food.

Sunday-Tuesday I work 4:00-12:30, Christmas Eve 3:00-10:30, December 26th 2:00-10:30. Most hours I've been given ever, so I guess I can't complain. I just wish I didn't have to work so late on Christmas Eve, but I guess someone's gotta do it..

Last edited:
Ugh, paid time for the 25th, yeah, pretty sure I don't get that either. Will next year, but didn't average enough hours the early part of this year.

That requires 29.5 hours per week average for the year? I think my last check said 29.46

Work six days in a row (closing 4 of them) for a total of 41 hours through the 23rd - that's bad!
Off on the 24th - that's good!
Back to closing on the 26th - that's bad!

Scheduled a few 2 am shifts, told to come in at 3 because there is no one in the store at 2.

Finally back to a somewhat normal schedule, 5 trucks instead of 6 with two days off.
24th I work 3am to 10:30am truck unload
26th 4am-12:30 backroom shift

My previous schedules were worse...
10 days straight leading into Black Friday, "off" Thanksgiving, worked Friday and Saturday
6 day week (off Sunday)
6 day week (off Sunday)

Not that I'm complaining...I love money :D

My schedule is pretty fantastic all things considering. Buuuut, my one complaint now (I complained before but I usually get over that kinda stuff once I rant it out) is that people who had nice, relaxing BF shifts also have Christmas Eve/12-26 schedules that are better than mine. It's not faaaiiiir. *kicks, screams, tantrums*

I tell myself they put me through this stuff because they believe I can handle it (don't disprove my imagination, please)

I don't think anyone gets paid for Christmas, unless you are salaried and you get paid 365/24/7

The only thing i have to complain about is all the price changes that week! hopefully will be off by 230 on christmas eve, in at 4 am on the 26th.

Sun-2am-1030
Tues-2am-1030
Wed-2am-1030
Fri-6am-230
Sat-6am-230

Those 2am shifts are BR while 6am shifts are Ship-to-store. I like it since I celebrate Christmas at midnight so I can stay up all day on Christmas (I can function at work with only 4 hrs of sleep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back