Archived Official "Complain about your holiday hours" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, paid time for the 25th, yeah, pretty sure I don't get that either. Will next year, but didn't average enough hours the early part of this year.

That requires 29.5 hours per week average for the year? I think my last check said 29.46
It requires 32.0

31.5 is benefits (rounds to 32), thought holiday time was separate and required 30, aka 29.5.

I get to work 1pm to 930pm this week in the backroom yet the closer on my two days off works noon to 730pm. Why is that?

I'm closing market 21st-24th, but I got the 25th-27th off at least. Not looking forward to midnight closings though. :(

I'm down to 40 hours after doing 52 and 49 (6 days a week and just did 8 straight)~ 7am-3:30pm all day e'rr day with Christmas and the day after off. I have no idea what I'm going to do with actual days off though.

Saturday the 20th I work 3:30pm-midnight, then Sunday the 21st I work midnight-8:30am. So I essentially work from 3:30pm-8:30am, 17 hours straight.

I don't mind my schedule except my closing GSA shift on Christmas Eve (2:30 - 11). Maybe it'll turn out to be a blessing in disguise like my overnight GSA shift on Black Friday but I doubt it...

no complain here , i have the regular flow team schedule

dec 24: 4 am - 12
dec 26 : 4 am- 8:30

soo many hours, no time to sleep, good thing I live 2.5 miles from work.
I'm working 10 to 11 hours every day starting Saturday December 20th till Christmas.

Eat, work, sleep, repeat !!

How do you guys know in advance how heavy the price changes will be?
If you log into workbench you can see what the projected workload will be for upcoming days, or also under store applications where you print out labels it will tell you I think up to 3 days. You can see what the salesfloor workload is , how many DPCI's there will be on your backroom workload as well as salvages...

I always had great hours my first half of my former Target career. The second half when mandatory headcounts went into affect, I was only getting scheduled 25-30 at most. I was picking up shifts left and right, and getting called in. But seasonals were getting 30-40 hours.

Why spend the extra money to hire and train some seasonals only to have them be too inexperienced or quit the job just days or so after being hired, and kill the morale of the store because they have to pick up the slack.

I am in 6am on the 24th doing cash office and I get out 1pm but than I come in 8am on the 26th.

I don’t get to spend thanksgiving With my family this year unfortunately they put me to work Thanksgiving day 3 PM to 8 PM and then the next day for Black Friday I have to work 10 AM to 6 PM not to mention that my store is a target express and is super small meanwhile the neighborhood we are in has so many people it’s ridiculous the store is overcrowded and I am unable to do any of my tasks that involve me working in the isles zoning signing or even pushing. I hate to complain as I am a new employee and have only been with Target for a couple of months but I really wish that we could go back to when the store wasn’t open LOL

Idiots didn't put up a sign-up sheet for Thanksgiving/Black Friday, but already have one up for Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas. From the number of TMs complaining about the hours they got and saying they weren't coming in Thanksgiving night, I may be the only TM working that night!:D

soo many hours, no time to sleep, good thing I live 2.5 miles from work.
I'm working 10 to 11 hours every day starting Saturday December 20th till Christmas.

Eat, work, sleep, repeat !!
Some of my TMs live out of town (a few even live in the next state) so they have regular drive times of at least 30 minutes (with early morning traffic). I hope the Black Friday traffic doesn't keep them from getting enough sleep 😯 a few have those stupid "leave at midnight, be back at dawn" shifts

I think it's silly to complain about working Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve. Get an holidays off type job if it really bothers you. This is what retail is- they make their money by offering the best deals before Christmas. I am just like everyone else. I have a family. I have Thanksgiving dinner. Is it early? Yes but I got to work. If your friends or family aren't understanding about you working then that's pretty shitty. Do what is best for you. If you feel calling out is best then great. Just know the consequences especially if your new and your performance isn't great. For those that been around the block and know the deal; don't be upset when your leadership team remembers that time you called out. We had 1 tm call out last year and they had a sit down conversation when they made the schedule this year. Pretty much told if they called out it would be an automatic coaching. Make your choices wisely....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back