Archived Oh Target, were you thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I noticed today that the geniuses of Target's Up & Up brand decided to change the labels of their dish soap. It used to be a paper label with the directions and barcode printed on it, but now they've done away with the paper label and just stamped that information on the bottle itself. Sounds like a good way for Target to use less paper and save money, right?

Only problem is that it's impossible to scan! No matter what angle you try to scan it, it doesn't work. Since its printed right on the plastic bottle, it's too glossy and the scanner doesn't recognize it. I was up for backup one time and I had to look up the DPCI on my PDA. I guess they really needed to save that money from the paper!

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    954.1 KB · Views: 195
Psst, next time just type in the barcode or DPCI and it'll ring up.

Lol, of course. I'm usually on the sales floor and I forgot Up and Up puts the DPCI on the label.

But it's still a big screwup!

I've had much difficulty scanning them, only working after about 5 minutes of trying if it works at all.

I've also had many a guest bring me 2 very similar up&up or other Spot brand items(mostly clothes), one being on clearance, and the other not, and they say "I brought another one that has the price tag" (read: I ripped off the non-clearance tag) and get pissy with me when I type the DPCI and it's not on sale.

DPCI's are your friend!

Yeah, you shouldn't have to inconvenience yourself and the guest typing in a barcode number. I thought that's why they invented scanners.

And they are a pain to try and read, at least print them in white. We got some that are smudged as well.

And the boxed dishwasher powder, its lemon but in a green box. Several guests have mentioned it.

Yeah I saw those. Terrible design, I have no idea who would even ok something like that. For a company that's so damn pressed to push for efficiency and save money it seems to do it in a lackadaisical manner.

I've also had many a guest bring me 2 very similar up&up or other Spot brand items(mostly clothes), one being on clearance, and the other not, and they say "I brought another one that has the price tag" (read: I ripped off the non-clearance tag) and get pissy with me when I type the DPCI and it's not on sale.

DPCI's are your friend!

Since training is so rushed in my store some of the newer cashiers apparently don't realize they should be doing this, so I occasionally end up telling them what they should do in those situations if I'm in the area when it happens. Sometimes the guest just has a different size and it's the same item, but I assume them scanning the other size is probably why we have -3 of some items according to the PDAs.

I thought this was a manufacturing error. To know it was intentional...FUCK YOUUUUU UP & UP!!! :mad:

DPCI's are your friend!
Oh God, I effing hate that! I get guests who bring up a clearance item and then one in a different shade and ask me why the one that isn't on clearance not on clearance and I just have to tell them that one of them is more popular than the other and then they just bich and moan and it's like please i dont have time for this right now.

Oh God, I effing hate that! I get guests who bring up a clearance item and then one in a different shade and ask me why the one that isn't on clearance not on clearance and I just have to tell them that one of them is more popular than the other and then they just bich and moan and it's like please i dont have time for this right now.
My favorite is when they tell you they are the same.

Well, if they are the same, just buy the one on clearance!

After doing this about 80 times, I wrote the DPCI down and my GSA put them on all of the registers so it would save time.

However, I would like to kill whoever thought this was a good idea.

You can have someone bcode them with a sticker a place on the item so it will scan at the register.

Print a shelf label or monarch and keep it in your pocket, then you can just scan it when you get one coming through your line.

Print a shelf label or monarch and keep it in your pocket, then you can just scan it when you get one coming through your line.
That would look pretty sketchy for a cashier to pull a shelf label out of their pocket and scan it instead of an item.

Lol. Yeah I can see now how that might look bad. Guess I just don't tend to think that way.

I despise that dish soap. I've had so many cashiers call me over because it won't scan. I feel like I'm constantly telling them where to find DPCIs...not just on the dish soap, but clothes, etc. They can't seem to remember that if Target makes it, there's a good chance there's a number on there somewhere...so quit bugging me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back