Archived ok guys and girls so today I finally got called in for hardlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some may know I am cart attendant and like it but need a break but I have a question I worked 12 hours in a row and after 4 in a half hours in hardlines I was then I went to cart attendant /cashier and they had one cashier so I had to cashier instead of carts but I had only 2 15 minute breaks and 1 30 so did I meet compliance ? Please and thanks I did not report to anyone about compliance so if was in the wrong know one should know.Last thing will this effect my 90 days

In my state, it depends when you took your lunch. You can't go past 6 hours being clocked in. There's times I've had to take 2 lunches or one long lunch. You need to keep track of that and not rely on someone else. With you being new, you can just explain you didn't know. But in the future, pay attention and speak up.

It would help if you were more clear. In some states compliance is 5 hours and others it's 6. If you were in a 5-hour state and you worked 12 hours, you would have needed 2 lunches and 3 breaks. If it was 6 and you hit the twelfth then I'm pretty sure that also makes you in violation of compliance.

Even if you are a six hour state, there is a very small window of when you could have taken your lunch and not hit compliance. So without specifics, we really can't know.

And they will know because it will come up on a report.

You need to clock OUT for lunch after every 5 or 6 hours (varies by region) of work. The clock starts ticking when you clock in to start your shift and again when you clock back in from lunch.

Depends on your state. California you would've been entitled to two lunches and three breaks. Lunch at hours 4 & 8 breaks at hours 2, 6, and 10. Target bases their break policies off of California since it is the strictest. Granted, this doesn't mean that in your state it is enforced or required. Still should have had two lunches to stay on the opposite side of the 5 hour mark since that seems to be a company wide benchmark regardless.

I live in think a 5 hour state I don't know if i can tell you my state I did not mean to go over we were slammed the gstl did not know I worked we hours either did the lod my questions is will they know I went in to compliance ?

You won't get fired for your first offense, if that's what you're worried about. They probably will call you in to an office to explain what you did wrong, but they will not fire you.

You won't get fired for your first offense, if that's what you're worried about. They probably will call you in to an office to explain what you did wrong, but they will not fire you.

This won't get him fired. But this would affect his chances to stay as a permanent TM if this is his 90 day probation period. I could be wrong.

I live in a six hour state, so depending on what time you went, you might be ok here. But, in the handbook, 11 or more hours entitles you to 3 breaks.

my questions is will they know I went in to compliance ?
Yes, they will. It will pop up on a report.
If it's your first offense, they will have you initial the report & cite reasons.
It doesn't excuse you, tho, so you'll need to be more careful if ever you work long shifts again.
Repeated violations can get you termed.

I got a coaching for a violation. I have lots of " mitigating " circumstances, but they dont change the fact that it is my responsibility and i waited too long. NEVER AGAIN will I get even close. I felt very foolish and immature when i was called in,turned bright red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back