Archived Okay, who fucked up how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Person on Reddit feels screwed over recieptless return.

Far down in the comment, the customer mentions talking to Bullseye on Twitter. So, from the perspective of our GSTMs, GSAs, and GSTLs, exactly what could have happened here? If the customer's telling the truth, it sounds like the team member returned it as way the wrong item, but how? Did the item not get scanned? Was the bar code/DPCI not checked after a hand search? If I hand typed a bar code while ringing in electronics, I had to double check it to ensure I didn't make a typo. I don't imagine Guest Services being different. Is there a reason video wouldn't be pulled? We did that over way less money in my store. And with as much as management and Corporate roll over for unreasonable twunts and fraudsters, why is this where they draw a line?

Person on Reddit feels screwed over recieptless return.

Far down in the comment, the customer mentions talking to Bullseye on Twitter. So, from the perspective of our GSTMs, GSAs, and GSTLs, exactly what could have happened here? If the customer's telling the truth, it sounds like the team member returned it as way the wrong item, but how? Did the item not get scanned? Was the bar code/DPCI not checked after a hand search? If I hand typed a bar code while ringing in electronics, I had to double check it to ensure I didn't make a typo. I don't imagine Guest Services being different. Is there a reason video wouldn't be pulled? We did that over way less money in my store. And with as much as management and Corporate roll over for unreasonable twunts and fraudsters, why is this where they draw a line?

Id ask the guest to return to the store to speak with the LOD. Then Id verify that GSTM returned a hatchimal and not some random product.

However, If I was the Guest I would have wanted a manager for a situation like that.

As a GSTL you can override the price to make it right for the Guest. Obviously the guest didnt steal the product and is okay with the merchandise credit.

Frankly, it sounds like absolute bs on the party of the OP. I find it very hard to believe that any cashier or service desk TM at any of the "well known retailers" would honestly believe that a full sized Hatchimal was ever on sale for 3.99. I know I would be questioning the computer if I was processing that refund.

Down in the comments, Corporate apparently told the guest she returned a $7.99 jigsaw Hatchimal thing, so it sounds like the return was done under a different DPCI than the item. That'd explain the lack of an override prompt.

This whole story sounds fishy. If the toy was not opened and the bar code on the item was scanned then it should not have come up $3.99. A lot of the terminology the OP used does not sound like Target language either. I have never used the term, hidden cost. All returns are not final because you can void them and give the merch back. Again, fishy story.

Reactions: Dog
Yeah this doesn’t sound like target anyways.. she didn’t say anything about asking for her ID also returns are never “final” if it’s in that same day the cashier could have had it voided. Also idk about you guys but the second anyone voices any kind of displeasure or act like they’re about to get upset I call the GSTL and move on to the next guest. Can’t be bothered with that I don’t care enough, and all of us at GS do the same. So if it was target a GSTL would have been called and they could have post voided it

In my past experience doing returns, if an item was taken off the shelf or closed out, the return process would only allow the last sale or final markdown price for no receipt returns. If it was a for real Target transaction, it sounds like the refunded price was the 90% final mark down price.

I had lots of guests bring in items without receipt and the return price the POS offered was only a $0.01.

uhh if it's less than $5, it will be returned in cash (because the minimum value of a merch card and GiftCard is $5)

i'm calling BS
Good point, I forgot about that one.

Down in the comments, Corporate apparently told the guest she returned a $7.99 jigsaw Hatchimal thing

The Hatchimals puzzle box does look like a Hatchimal, if you had never really seen a Hatchimal in a store to see that they come boxed, and didn't bother to read the label and see that it was a Hatchimals puzzle.

So, I can totally believe the woman received the puzzle, is dumb, and tried to return it thinking it was the $5o version. The original price was $8, IIRC, so $4 on clearance would make sense.

With all this being said, when I'm at the Desk, I always try to explain options out to guests. Things like returning/even exchanging, refunds back in debit/cash/gift card can go different ways.

I am surprised the person left the store before raising the issue further. I think this is one of the rare times asking to speak with a manager would be totally justified.

Reactions: Dog
With all this being said, when I'm at the Desk, I always try to explain options out to guests. Things like returning/even exchanging, refunds back in debit/cash/gift card can go different ways.

I am surprised the person left the store before raising the issue further. I think this is one of the rare times asking to speak with a manager would be totally justified.
There are so many holes in her story that do not add up.

uhh if it's less than $5, it will be returned in cash (because the minimum value of a merch card and GiftCard is $5)

i'm calling BS

That, plus if she really only got 3.99 for an item that cost 50+, her ass wouldn't be leaving until she got her shit back. I know I wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back