Archived OMG We're in the RED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our attachment rate isn't the greatest and our GUEST SURVEYS suck! Is there anything I can do to lead my team in Electronics to get us back in the green? Our TL really sucks and isn't really motivating when it comes to "Leading us" all I hear and see is the same stuff.. "Be proactive and not reactive" "CIHYFS" Blah Blah :dash2: I know it has been asked many times on here but what does it really take to get us back on the right track?

Oh I bet this is annoying by now to those who have to work around electronics haha!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3KSb5njH4g

Eh, that one is from last year... not as bad as this new "french" stuff.

As far as your Guest Survey scores, you need to have all your Electronics TM's on board in driving the best guest service that you can. As corny as it sounds, make sure you are all greeting every guest you can with CIHYFS. If you can't get to a guest right away, make sure you are calling for backup when needed. Get Softlines on board with doing an "Electronics Blitz" if you haven't already. Also, make sure you are utilizing your Target Mobile peeps if you have any. Talk to your ETL about getting them register trained if they aren't already (plus they get a discount card), that way you can ring out guests while answering questions.

If it's a merchandise issue, that can be a bit tougher. I know my store dipped down into red a couple weeks ago because in January we literally had NO merchandise to sell. Just try and offer what you can. If it's ad merch out of stock, try and offer comperable substitutes OR a raincheck if a substitution can't be done. It at least leaves the guest feeling good and gets them out the door with SOMETHING.

My first thought was no breaks and tasers, but that's not really brand. Besides the usual things (CIHYFS, guest service, blah, blah, blah) I would recommend that the tms that work in electronics actually know what they are talking about. Make sure they read any of the product info you get and have them sign off on it. You could also introduce a high selling product at huddle, give 2-3 key selling points and point out 2-3 attachments PLUS the service agreements. Tune in Tuesday might be a good time to do this. At our store everyone ends up backing up at some time and not everyone has a clue. Educate the team.

Also, make sure you are utilizing your Target Mobile peeps if you have any. Talk to your ETL about getting them register trained if they aren't already (plus they get a discount card), that way you can ring out guests while answering questions.
I'm pretty sure that Target Mobile Team Members can't ring out any other guests besides their own. It would be a conflict of interest as Target would have to pay them a wage for using our registers.

I'm pretty sure that Target Mobile Team Members can't ring out any other guests besides their own. It would be a conflict of interest as Target would have to pay them a wage for using our registers.

That's funny - our Target mobile person has been ringing at front lanes when we've been really busy - I thought it was really strange, and a conflict - cause how could we coach or do corrective action?

Most of out Target Mobile people are really great. Although there's one who will push the call button on the boat rather than actually calling out for guest assistance in electronics. :/

Rarejem brings up awesome points. Tune in Tuesday IS really a good time to talk about stuff, as that is mostly the only time you may get huddle back there. Most of the time huddle is either at check lanes in the morning or fire tunnel/the line at night. Just like today I talked about PSVita today even though it's coming out tomorrow, as nobody is going to talk about it other than that.

Yes, Target Mobile can be register trained to ring out guests in electronics. They get a TM number and a discount card.

Most of out Target Mobile people are really great. Although there's one who will push the call button on the boat rather than actually calling out for guest assistance in electronics. :/

Our guys try to assist guests to the best of their ablility, or refer them to us if the situation is more involved. They only push the button if we aren't near the boat at the moment...

They can ring the register. But we have them a radio instead.

I wish our mobile guys had a dedicated radio, but alas we can't even keep a "Electronics" walkie for just us. = \

Last edited:
Our mobile team does have a dedicated radio. They just lock it up with their stuff at the end of each night. Usually they'll just say guest needs assistance in Electronics, but one of them always seems to go for the call button.

So our attachment rate isn't the greatest and our GUEST SURVEYS suck! Is there anything I can do to lead my team in Electronics to get us back in the green? Our TL really sucks and isn't really motivating when it comes to "Leading us" all I hear and see is the same stuff.. "Be proactive and not reactive" "CIHYFS" Blah Blah :dash2: I know it has been asked many times on here but what does it really take to get us back on the right track?

One thing that helps for getting attachments is to treat them as a necessity rather than an option. For example, when selling cameras, you could inform guests that the cameras don't come with SD cards, so they'll definitely need one. Cameras can also be quite fragile, and the best protection they can get (besides an ESP) is a case. Game consoles usually only come with one controller, and nobody plays them just by themselves, so they will need an extra controller, and so on. Basically, try to say, "You NEED this" in a non-pushy way.

If you feel that the Electronics team is performing at a green level and the guest surveys simply are not reflecting that, you might just need to push the guest surveys more. Happy guests are usually happy to fill out a survey, but rarely think to do it. Unhappy guests are just looking for any means to tell the world that you suck and that they hate you.

Edit: Haha, just noticed the date of the last post in this thread. Whoops!

Last edited:
Edit: Haha, just noticed the date of the last post in this thread. Whoops!

Don't worry about it. Your post is just as helpful now as it would've been almost 2 months ago. (No, I'm not being sarcastic.)

Our target mobile people are great too. They'll point guests in the right direction if it's something that doesn't need keys. If it is they will hit the additional help button on the cash register rather than the call box. If we have extra walkies, we'll let them have one so they can just call someone. They've even helped with either bagging up purchases (you know that guest that HAS to check everything out once and it's a full cart o.0) and during 4th quarter they've rung up guests with one or two items or if it's a phone accessory. Not so much now, since we don't have the guest traffic, but it was a life saver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back