Archived On the verge ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last six months I have pushed myself and my team to perform better. I seem to have caught the attention of all the ETL's and TL's.

They have forwarned me to start preparing for interviews, the traditional TM on the bench to TL.

I bought a journal to document "wins" and stories demonstrating leadership. I have been trying to think of how I can answer situational questions.

Any advice?

i think youre on the right track. partner with a TL or better yet ETL that you are comfortable with and see if they can provide you with more specific info on questions you will be asked. what is your work center?

Find/ask for a copy of Leadership expectations. Study those and think about how those expectations relate to you.

Then, ask HR for a copy of the TL interview questions. Answer the questions, then partner with an ETL or TL(s) to help you hone your answers. I found that it's not so much what you say in the interview as how you say it. Learn the Target lingo and use it often. ;)

First off congrats and good luck.

You need to partner with your ETL to get a "practice" interview. They will usually give you 2-3 questions from the actual interview packet, they will not give you the whole interview, unless you have a really cool ETL, but they are not supposed to. When you give your answers you need to use Target examples as much as possible. Also, when asked leadership questions, you need to answer with "I did this" "I got this started" something along those lines. Don't go overboard with your answers, keep them simple and to the point. Big important part as well if your not sure of an answer, BS your way through it, make something up that is plausible but again keep it simple and to the point.

Definetely use the Leadership expectations lingo with your answers as well.

always answer your interview questions in parts.
explain the situation, your role, the results, how you followed up, overall impact, and recognition.
don't say "ummm".

Thank you! I don't feel comfortable saying what my position is, just in case (privacy). But I am excited! I will get with HR and grab the questions and start practicing. I am so excited. Thank you for your responses.

Thank you! I don't feel comfortable saying what my position is, just in case (privacy). But I am excited! I will get with HR and grab the questions and start practicing. I am so excited. Thank you for your responses.

Good luck & be proactive!

I've led the flow team before, just work with them, motivate them, be the beacon of a positivity, dont be fake, show them that they can go to you for issues, show them methods that took YOU where you are, be the natural leader that you are, and inspire them to try harder not only for your store but for themselves.

remember, leaders dont make followers, they make more leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back