One LWW

Any DCs roll out 2024 going down to one LWW for capacity and mbp? Seems to be a big change to make without it possibly have been trialed at another dc.

They could drop to one in every department the way they use backups. Same with ICQA. Our DC, least on my shift, has just as many backups in role as scheduled LWW and ICQA On the daily. Why pay a level 2 or 3 when you can get away with .50 higher than WW rate. Some of our backups actually know more, do a better job for us doing the work, and are less on a power trip than those that have the actual role.

Oh wow, that absolutely sounds like Target! Our DC only has one back up per dept and they only step in if one lead is out, sometimes not even then if the OM wants more prod.

yeah i posted about it in the other thread. same here.

the backups havent been told if their jobs will change. so hr asked them how they are taking the news and they said i dunno, lol.

yeah that sounds like for .50 more an hour just use backups. we already use the backups every day so it's basically like having 4 lww. just the backups do more actual work and less computer i guess.

then you might have an issue with people not desiring to be backup though, as some could see it as more hassle for not more $. i suspect you always have enough brownnosers that like that sort of thing though, and the real perk is going to be a less physical daily job. and honestly i think it's an issue if they're called backups but expected to be full time.

so, it's only capacity and mbp though? thats kinda unfair seems like. at least to mbp compared to other depts.

yup, things in flux if i was a yellow shirt any yellow shirt, i wouldnt get too comfy in my job! the politics of which lww gets the axe, whether the one standing is an interview position etc are gonna be interesting to say the least. unless they just go by straight seniority.

Last edited:
yeah i posted about it in the other thread. same here.

the backups havent been told if their jobs will change. so hr asked them how they are taking the news and they said i dunno, lol.

yeah that sounds like for .50 more an hour just use backups. we already use the backups every day so it's basically like having 4 lww. just the backups do more actual work and less computer i guess.

then you might have an issue with people not desiring to be backup though, as some could see it as more hassle for not more $. i suspect you always have enough brownnosers that like that sort of thing though, and the real perk is going to be a less physical daily job. and honestly i think it's an issue if they're called backups but expected to be full time.

so, it's only capacity and mbp though? thats kinda unfair seems like. at least to mbp compared to other depts.

yup, things in flux if i was a yellow shirt any yellow shirt, i wouldnt get too comfy in my job! the politics of which lww gets the axe, whether the one standing is an interview position etc are gonna be interesting to say the least. unless they just go by straight seniority.
Huh, interesting they talked to the backups. Wonder if they’re talking to leads too since they’re the ones super affected. Yeah, it’s just those two departments for us. They claim no one is losing their jobs, it will just be “natural attrition” and not backfill if someone gets promoted or leaves. Don’t see any of these people leaving or being promoted within the year. Super interesting! Definitely not get too comfy!

Huh, interesting they talked to the backups. Wonder if they’re talking to leads too since they’re the ones super affected. Yeah, it’s just those two departments for us. They claim no one is losing their jobs, it will just be “natural attrition” and not backfill if someone gets promoted or leaves. Don’t see any of these people leaving or being promoted within the year. Super interesting! Definitely not get too comfy!

i think it was just a particular hr lady walking the floor and ran into a backup and made conversation. not some systemic thing.

it sounds like a lot of ado about nothing. we have people on b1 lww that have been here for decades, like they literally will not leave until they retire and i dont see them as om material so they wont get promoted. the other high turnover keys like a2 should be different, but here i dont see any change for a long time through attrition.

Heard something new on this, wondering if it’s correct. No LWW roles will be posted until entire building is at the right headcount. So does that mean one key could potentially run down 3, while another continues to be over? Or will they possibly force LWW to change keys to fill vacancies until they are even on all keys? I asked because there is an opening on a day shift key that should be filled, but they said they won’t post because both night shift keys are still over. But this is supposed to be one of those interview roles, best fit for the job. In the past, even a current LWW had to go through the interview process after a posting if they wanted to move. So the rules are changed now? What about anyone else wanting to move up? We’re screwed?

Heard something new on this, wondering if it’s correct. No LWW roles will be posted until entire building is at the right headcount. So does that mean one key could potentially run down 3, while another continues to be over? Or will they possibly force LWW to change keys to fill vacancies until they are even on all keys? I asked because there is an opening on a day shift key that should be filled, but they said they won’t post because both night shift keys are still over. But this is supposed to be one of those interview roles, best fit for the job. In the past, even a current LWW had to go through the interview process after a posting if they wanted to move. So the rules are changed now? What about anyone else wanting to move up? We’re screwed?

i mean i dont think this company has any idea of anything anymore tbh lol. they dont know either.

Back