Archived One of the many reasons I actually LIKE working at Target!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... We all hear the usual things. We stay here for friends. Because it's familiar. Some of us even truly like working here. We hear horror stories about terrible ETL's, TL's, the oh-so-common Guest issues.

But here's why I love Target.

When I turned 18, I was having a rough time in my life. No friends, no job, my girlfriend had broken up with me literally 3 days after my birthday. Things just kinda sucked. But then I found a new, and fun, calling. I've now been volunteering at Haunted Houses for the past 5 years, putting in literally hundreds of hours of my time. Never once having taken a penny for my own gain.

Now, to do this, it requires a fairly large availability change, right at things tend to get very busy. Most retail jobs would laugh if I asked for such a ridiculous availability change very year. My ETL's, however, are very understanding about this, and actually go out of their way to give me the hours/times I need for the haunt, off from work. Overriding the time off requests for the evenings, and scheduling me for the mornings on those days. They're actually excited about going and seeing a haunt that I helped set up and supervise at this year!

The reason I post this, is that the HR team member who normally does my scheduling, didn't do it this week. I was given 11.5 hours for next week; and within 5 minutes of talking to my ETL, I was given 3 extra shifts during the week.

I realize this was one small act of kindness out of a massive company which does have lots of unfair treatment towards regular employees... but my ETL didn't have to go out of his way to do this for me.

I just felt like this was a moment worth sharing. He definitely went his extra inch today :lol2:

I do love my job or I wouldn't have worked for spot for all these decades. Definitely love my position!

I've worked for some amazing etls in my time. Hopefully everyone here takes the time to say thank you if you are lucky enough to work for one............

Kudos to you, i have alot of TMs at my store who absolutely hate their jobs.

My ETLs are awesome, they can be super chill for the most part, and people still complain.

my ETL-LOG is awesome, she offers to buy me coffee when she asks me to come in early mornings on my day off. she noticed i was sick and offered to buy me some tea. other ETLs and my STL even requisition me rockstars or monsters when they notice ive been working my ass off.

it is the little things that they do when they show appreciation is what really counts.

My Stl gave me a $50 giftcard to a restaurant because She found out it was my 20th wedding anniversary !
Granted ,each time she calls ,I go to work ,because I know she is in a pinch, or I stayed late etc ....

My old STL was like that. She gave credit where credit is due.

The current STL I'm working with has one of those "holier-than-thou" attitudes, and I can't stand it.

There's TMs & TLs who are dear to me & part of what keeps me coming in day after day.
The paycheck also figures into that but only a little (like my paycheck).
Not too many above TL, tho.

What I like about Target.....as a long time cashier I have met a lot of wonderful people who check-out through my register line. They enjoy me...and I enjoy them.

Sometimes, I almost feel that some of my guests consider me a friend. I hardly know the names of most of my guests, but I enjoy them.

I have to say that there have been times when guests have shared some deeply personal things when they go through my line. Their confidence in me is humbling.

One of my favorite things that I learned from a guest: A young woman, a regular shopper, told me that she was pregnant (with their first child) and then she told me that she hadn't even told her husband yet! It is moments like this that are absolutely priceless. BTW, her baby was a girl and they named her Lily (she's got to be around 3 years old)....now they have a son, Max.

My store the majority of us even some tls and etls act as a big family we are always there for 1 another whenever some1 needs help tho as a store right now we are going thru a dark time but we are all pulling together and we are planning a surprise baby shower for a tl of ours

My store the majority of us even some tls and etls act as a big family we are always there for 1 another whenever some1 needs help tho as a store right now we are going thru a dark time but we are all pulling together and we are planning a surprise baby shower for a tl of ours

Those kinds of events are the glue that holds together a team.
It only gets to be a problem a small group does it and excludes everyone else (say the TL's and ETL's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back