One week into AP training, still feeling a bit more nervous. Is this okay?

I just started my job as a TSS, and well I honestly like the job. However, I’m still a little nervous especially in terms of doing a PMR. It’s been a week of trianing, and while I got the hang of everything else, is it bad I haven’t had a PMR? I have a KTR, after reviewing btw. My trainer said by week two, I will definitely have one. She thinks I’m ready, it’s just I have to put it out into action. Advice?

Some times you will have a dry streak, that’s just the nature of AP. When I was a TPS (former name for TSS) I once had a really bad month where I went a solid 18 days without a single case. It also depends on how busy your store is and what your theft trends look like. Don’t get discouraged, remain vigilant, and remain curious. Keep learning and looking at the little details. As you gain experience you will get better at spotting things. While I’ve been out of the company for a while now, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want any advice. Best of luck.

I just started my job as a TSS, and well I honestly like the job. However, I’m still a little nervous especially in terms of doing a PMR. It’s been a week of trianing, and while I got the hang of everything else, is it bad I haven’t had a PMR? I have a KTR, after reviewing btw. My trainer said by week two, I will definitely have one. She thinks I’m ready, it’s just I have to put it out into action. Advice?
When I started, It was 2 weeks before I had a solid PMR that I got solo, and I started during 4th quarter. And to let you in on a secret, the adrenaline never stopped pumping when I went for a PMR.

When I started, It was 2 weeks before I had a solid PMR that I got solo, and I started during 4th quarter. And to let you in on a secret, the adrenaline never stopped pumping when I went for a PMR.
Ahh, that takes me back to my security days at my old job. I chased a few, but the biggest thrill for me was nailing an employee. Nothing more satisfying than doing the research, gathering the evidence and best of all (if we were lucky and they were stupid), catching them on camera or seeing it with our own eyes. Mwahaha!

Back