Archived Oops! Employee Discount Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I made a major oops and lost my discount card as I'm in the process of moving. Is there any way to cancel the card and get a new one?

Or not necessarily cancel it in the traditional way, but somehow make sure no one else is using it? I'm not sure when or where so it may have fallen on the ground when moving boxes outside. Big whoops on my part!

Yeah under eHR there's a link to request a discount card. You have to wait a week or two; it should come on a Friday with the paychecks in TSC.

There's no way to cancel it because all discount cards carry the same barcode, usually 480 following by your TM # and the number 3 or 4 after that. Just order a new card and try not to worry about someone using the old one because nothing can really be done about that.

If you're really worried, let your ETL-AP know. They track employee card use across multiple stores to make sure you're not abusing your discount or doing something shady with it.

When someone I don't know is using a discount card, I nicely ask lots of questions..Like, are you new here? I can usually tell by the first two numbers if they are new to our store. Or where do you work? Ask them about their store and all that. If their answers don't seem to make sense and they are buying something large, I bring it to AP's attention.

When someone I don't know is using a discount card, I nicely ask lots of questions..Like, are you new here? I can usually tell by the first two numbers if they are new to our store. Or where do you work? Ask them about their store and all that. If their answers don't seem to make sense and they are buying something large, I bring it to AP's attention.

Can't you simply ask to see their ID and make sure the names match?

Asking people questions about their store isn't fool proof anyway since certain family members are also allowed to use the discount.

Our team never check, hubby uses his and the kids that cashier were convinced we had security in uniform for weeks before I explained he was just my hubby.

Sure I can ask for ID. I can also read the entire qualifying info to them or ask for a domestic partner license - but I don't think there is one. I can ask a kid for ID but what do I do if they have a different name, ask for a birth certificate? OR maybe I should just read them what I have posted from the target employee site, but talking to the person, asking questions, asking about the other store is sometimes a lot friendlier while I am being fast and fun. 9 times out of 10 they work in other stores and we chat about the differences and similarities.

Team Member Discount
As a Target team member you and your eligible family members receive 10 percent off at:

• Target stores
  • Target.com
  • Target Commercial Interiors Retail Showrooms (Bloomington, MN and Minneapolis, MN)

U.S. Team Member Discount Card Eligibility
You are eligible to receive the 10 percent Team Member Discount if you are a:

• Current team member or leased employee
  • A retiree who is at least 55 with:
    • 10 years of credited and continuous service (1,000 hours of service per year), or
    • five years of credited and continuous service (1,000 hours of service per year) if age 45 or older on Dec. 31, 2002

Also eligible to use the 10 percent Team Member Discount is your:

• Spouse
  • Domestic partner*
  • Eligible dependents**

*To be eligible for the discount, a team member and his or her domestic partner must meet all six requirements listed below:

1. Be at least 18 years of age and mentally competent to consent to a contract
  2. Not be legally married to or the legal domestic partner of anyone else
  3. Intend to remain each others sole domestic partner indefinitely
  4. Live together in the same principal residence and intend to reside together indefinitely
  5. Be emotionally committed to one another and share joint responsibilities for common welfare and financial obligations
  6. Not be related by blood closer than what your resident state prohibits

Team members cannot add a different domestic partner for a period of six months after notifying Target that they have terminated their prior relationship. Note: This is the same eligibility criteria used for covering U.S. domestic partners in a Target- sponsored health care plan.

As a reminder, the definition of spouse is according to U.S. federal law. Due to current U.S. tax laws, the benefit on the domestic partner's card is considered imputed or taxable income, meaning the team member will pay taxes each year on the domestic partner's portion of the money saved by using the 10 percent Team Member Discount. The domestic partner's card will carry an ID number specific to the partner and the amount saved with that card will be recorded as imputed income for the team member.

For questions about eligibility of team members on international assignment and their partners, please contact Global.Mobility@target.com.

To request a card for your domestic partner: Navigate to Request a Discount Card on insideTGT/eHr. Select the radio button for domestic partner. Follow the prompts to add the domestic partner to the system. Return to the discount card screen, reselect the domestic partner radio button, select your partner's name and click submit.

To change domestic partners name: Return to the Request a Discount Card screen. Select the radio button for domestic partner and follow the prompts to inactivate that person in the system. This will deactivate his or her discount card. Navigate to Request a Discount Card on insideTGT/eHr. Follow the prompts to add the domestic partner to the system. Return to the discount card screen, re-select the domestic partner radio button, select your partner's name and click submit.

To inactivate a domestic partner's card: Return to the Request a Discount Card screen. Select the radio button for domestic partner and follow the prompts to inactivate that person in the system. This will deactivate his or her discount card.

Note: If a domestic partnership ends, the former domestic partner is no longer eligible for the discount and the team member should remove him/her immediately. If he/she is not removed, the team member will continue to be taxed on the imputed income, or the amount the domestic partner saves with the discount. Team members must wait a period of six months after notifying Target that they have terminated their prior relationship before they can add a different domestic partner.

**Eligible dependents include children ages 16-19 or younger than age 25 if full-time post secondary student.

New Team Members

If you did not receive your 10 percent Team Member Discount card, please contact your Human Resources Representative.

Your Team Member Discount Card is not to be used for the following:
Non-dependents, such as your parents, siblings and other friends or relatives are not eligible to use your team member discount. Also, you can't use your team member discount to buy:

• Merchandise for anyone who is going to pay you back. A discount cardholder may use the discount when purchasing a gift with a group of people, provided the cardholder makes a financial contribution equal to or greater than that of the other givers.
  • Items you sell or exchange for profit
  • Hunting and fishing licenses, lottery tickets and certain services (such as optical eye exams)
  • Free coupon merchandise
  • GiftCards

Ways to Pay
Your Team Member Discount is available for purchases made with cash, check, Target Debit CardSM, Target Credit Union Total eChecking Debit Card***, Target®Visa®, Target® Card, Target GiftCardSM and OptumHealth Bank HSA Debit card.

You cannot use non-Target debit/cash cards or credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. It is not acceptable for you to purchase Target GiftCardsSM with a non-Target debit/cash card or credit card for the purpose of working around these restrictions.

The discount card (or temporary discount card) must be presented at the beginning of every purchase—if the discount card is not available, a discount cannot be given. Merchandise ordered online can be returned according to the information provided with the package.

***At this time, the Total eChecking Debit Card is eligible for the 10 percent Team Member Discount in stores only and not on Target.com. The Total eChecking Debit Card is not eligible for the five percent REDcard Discount, Target Pharmacy Rewards and Take Charge of Education programs.

Replacement/Additional Discount Cards
You can order replacement or additional discount cards by clicking on Request a Discount Card on eHR or insideTGT: Pay & Benefits.

Target reserves the right to modify, amend or terminate any of the team member discount policies or practices.

Contacts:
  • Human Resources Operations Center (HROC): 800-394-1885
  • Target Distribution Centers: contact your Human Resources Business Partner

Five Percent Rewards Program
Team members will also receive five percent off nearly all purchases at checkout every day when they use a REDcard at any Target store or on Target.com. This new rewards program available to guests and team members will replace the current rewards program. The Pharmacy Rewards program will also change. Beginning this fall, guests will receive a coupon good for five percent off a future day of shopping after filling five prescriptions at a Target Pharmacy with a Target REDcard.

Please search "rewards reinvention" on the TGTWiki for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back