Archived Open Enrollment/ Benefits Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

garbage

Former TPS/Current Security at major grocery chain
Figured I'd start a thread on here about 2017 Target Benefits Open Enrollment. Any Team Members out there that qualify for benefits, you have until Feb 24 to make any changes, which you would want to do since it automatically resets your tobacco surcharge to "tobacco user".

Any questions or comments, let's hear em!

EDIT: Apparently the deadline varies from region to region, with 100 & 200 already closed.

Last edited:
While I don't qualify for medical insurance anymore due to the cuts in hours, I think that the new options are very good and very reasonably priced.

R100 and R200 already had open enrollment.

I was pretty impressed with the offerings, though I'm still confused on how the $500 employer contribution for the HSA can be used. I know I'll have to complete "activities" to get it, but once I get it, what can I use it for? Is it like an FSA where you get a debit card and can purchase certain health items in stores? Ideally, I'd love it if I could somehow use it towards contact lenses (after the $150 allowance from the vision coverage).

Last edited:

I was pretty impressed with the offerings, though I'm still confused on how the $500 employer contribution for the HSA can be used. I know I'll have to complete "activities" to get it, but once I get it, what can I use it for? Is it like an FSA where you get a debit card and can purchase certain health items in stores? Ideally, I'd love it if I could somehow use it towards contact lenses (after the $150 allowance from the vision coverage).
It basically counts toward your deductible. For example, I go to the dermatologist. Exam runs me about $90 out of pocket. If you have the $500 employer contribution, it can be used to cover the out of pocket cost. OR reemburse you for the out of pocket cost.

It cannot, as far as I understand (I know more about the HRA to be honest) be used to purchase health related items from the stores. Only the FSA could be used for that.

If I qualify for benefits, and enroll online- is there any chance that it could get cancelled?
You mean like if you ended up averaging part time hours?

Does anyone know how or where your spouse is suppose to take the health assessment to get the $ added to your HSA? I can't find it?

Eligibilty is determined by your 2016 average. Look at your last check from 16 ; if your average is above 30 , then you qualify.
Are you sure? What if he doesn't make enough to cover the premiums?

Are you sure? What if he doesn't make enough to cover the premiums?

It would take only about 5 or 6 hours a week to cover premiums.

In the off chance you don't make enough to cover the premiums, you just write a check to cover the difference. My wifes job has lots of down time and that's what we do when she's off.

I use mine for glasses every year. And it works on prescriptions and all my copays at doctors appointments whether it's medical, the dentist or the eye doctor.

I use mine for glasses every year. And it works on prescriptions and all my copays at doctors appointments whether it's medical, the dentist or the eye doctor.
That's pretty awesome then, because including my contact lenses that $500 will easily cover all of my medical expenses for the year.

Hey guys! So i have a question, i currently work only saturdays and usually average about 20 hours per pay period. If i have enough to pay for my benefits i use, there is no reason i should get cancelled right?

Thank you

If you are eligible to sign up for benefits this year, you will not be dropped no matter what your average hours are this year. Next year, if your average hours is below the minimum hours, you will not be able to enroll at all.

Forgot to update my benefits this year. Will I still be enrolled with last years setting or am I without it this year? :O With so many things going on, I forgot to look at it. I don't need to change anything, just hope I don't go with out the health insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back