Archived Open PMT position, what is it like to be a PMT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NXT

Knowledge TL
My store has a PMT position open, just wondering from other PMTs out there what is it like and how much do you like it? I have zero experience with anything technical. Been working at Target for 10+ years though.

There’s a lengthy PMT thread here:

Specialty - Yep, it’s broken: A PMT thread - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/yep-it’s-broken-a-pmt-thread.18537/#post-405951

You don’t necessarily need experience but it’ll be a difficult time getting your feet under yourself because it’s a massive learning curve. It’s easier to teach a construction worker Target than it is to teach a TM construction work.

I thoughroughly enjoy my position. I’m my own boss and set my own workload. ASANTS, some will treat you like the SrTL that the position is - and other stores will have zero respect for you. It’s a peculiar job and it’s far more than just fixing stuff.

I guess my question for you would be "why do you have a PMT opening?" Most PMTs are respected relatively well, but the ones who aren't really have it difficult.

In my district there has been a high turnover for PMTs lately...

I guess my question for you would be "why do you have a PMT opening?" Most PMTs are respected relatively well, but the ones who aren't really have it difficult.
At my store, the reason was always different. The guy we had when I started at my store was awful, so he was termed. Second guy had some personal issues hit the fan around the same time he became PMT, pretty sure he chose to leave after only a few months. Our current guy is great, but our awful STL may end up chasing him away (I've already decided to abandon ship if she's here much longer after her LOA is over, and he said he was pretty much there as well).

Only the first guy wasn't really respected, and out of all of them, he's still the one who lasted the longest (so far). I'd say even the well respected ones can find it tough sometimes, but I'd say they still think it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back