Archived Opening tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am a cashier tomorrow will be my first time opening...I am just curious, how do I get in to clock in on time? Or do I just automatically have to do a punch correction and is there anything special I need to do opening?

Locate your Team member entrance & show up at least 10-15 minutes before your shift starts.
Someone should be there to let you in if the door is locked.
They should also be able to show you where the lockers are to stow your stuff & where the time clock is.
If you can't clock in, you'll need to do a punch correction but that should be remedied by the next shift.
After clocking in, go to the lanes & report to your GSTL/GSA. They'll tell you where to start.

Sorry, I worded that extremely poorly. I have been working there for about 2 months this is just the first time being there when we open lol.

You'll still want to get there at least 10 minutes before your shift so someone can let you in & you can get a locker.
That way you should be able to clock in on time.
Time clock usually lets you clock in up to 5 minutes before your start time.

Yeah, like Redeye said. Your TM entrance will vary based on the layout of your store. Ours is directly next to the regular store entrance, which can sometimes be a problem if there are guests waiting outside who seem to think they can get in with the other Team Members... Anyways, at my store there is a little brass button that acts as a doorbell that chimes over the PA to let the LOD know that someone is at the employee entrance. That may or may not be unique to my store, I'm not sure.

Definitely arrive early. I've lost count of the number of times I have been late to an opening GSA/Service Desk shift because the LOD was slow to let me in. As far as cashiering goes, it's basically the exact same as any other shift except that you're there at what to me is an ungodly hour. It'll usually be dead quiet for the first hour or so. If we have a spare cashier or two we will have them push candy/zone the checklanes while they wait for guests.

All of the above. And to iterate, get there early so you have time to buzz someone to let you in. You should also have your government identification out because their supposed to ask for that at the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back