Archived Operator

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have one, but it doesn't ring with the operator's phone. Not sure how to set that up.

We limit guests to 5 items. We're a high theft store.

Yes and sort of. We are supposed to limit to 10 but the guests get what they want when they pitch a fit so we really dont bother most of the time.

Does your store operator have cordless phone . Can the guest take in how many items they want in fitting room ?

I'm in a district where they don't want fitting room to cover the phone. A softlines tm carries the cordless.

Fitting room you better limit them. If they have a problem with it let your etl ap know. The fitting room is arguably the top place for shortage other than cosmetics.

Thats why ours has cameras inside the fitting rooms. We are a high theft storeo_O

Cordless phone that can go along way and ours I’ve ever seen is 17 items max.

We don’t have the number tags at my store now so not sure if they have a limit anymore. We do have a cordless phone even though our HRTM takes majority of the calls.

We were told that corporate took away clothing limits a while back. The other TMs at my store impose their own limits. I did at first, but a guest actually said some really good logic that made me decide to not limit. She had 20 items and I wanted them split 10 and 10. She pointed out that I would count ten going in and then she'd have to get fully dressed for me to count 10 out and then 10 more in, and count those 10 out at the end. Or to make it simpler on us both, I could count 20 in, she doesn't have to get dressed halfway through, and then I count 20 out. She was right.

Biggest one yet was 30 items. Biggest one yet where I suspect strongly the woman wanted to steal something was 27 bras; I hung around that desk and wasn't quiet about being there, she took forever, and when she came out I noticed that she either was super excellent about rehanging or she never tried on any of the bras.

If the number of items is so large that I can't eyeball it while the guest is walking back out, I will do a formal out count. I've gotten a couple of nasty looks, but most guests completely understand that a huge armful in justifies a delay for a count when coming out.

Fitting room you better limit them. If they have a problem with it let your etl ap know. The fitting room is arguably the top place for shortage other than cosmetics.

Can confirm.

No way you can put cameras inside a fitting room. People undressing on camera that's a lawsuit waiting to happen

I very seriously doubt that there are cameras in the rooms themselves. There's probably one in the entrance area to the fitting rooms.

In most states, it's illegal. For Target, it's a definite no-no.

We limit guests to 5 items. We're a high theft store.

Upper-mid to high theft here. We limit to 6.

Every store has the ability to answer with a cordless. We do not. We are also not allowed to limit number of items. Told its a regional thing???? Dunno.. we also have to do the 2hr swap operator thing and no reshop allowed at FR

We can’t limit the guest at the fitting room either . They took our cordless away in the summer time last year. It makes task more difficult especially when I’m expected to do the truck.

For us, one time the cordless was taken away, because someone higher up apparently decided that someone should stay near the fitting room. I don't think that lasted a full month before they gave in to sales floor needs and gave it back.

Is there a way to park calls on the call box phones? I've tried different things but they never work.

No Not at all, you have to park them on a line, then the team members from that red callbox dials 2280, 2281 etc to answer it

The phones with extensions are electronics. HR, stl, etc...

Last edited:
There is a way, as hardlines TMs have talked to the guest, put them back on a line, call me using the red phone, and then pick the guest back up. I just can't figure out how they do it.

Press down on the part that hangs up the phone, #2180#, hang up.

There is a way, as hardlines TMs have talked to the guest, put them back on a line, call me using the red phone, and then pick the guest back up. I just can't figure out how they do it.

That's because they are transferring the call back using the flash button. An operator can't transfer a call directly to a red call box.

No Not at all, you have to park them on a line, then the team members from that red callbox dials 2280, 2281 etc to answer it

The phones with extensions are electronics. HR, stl, etc...
Thank you. I've always wondered how to pick up calls on the floor.

Thats why ours has cameras inside the fitting rooms. We are a high theft storeo_O

Your AP might say there are cameras in the fitting rooms, but I can guarantee the individual rooms do not have cameras. We say lots of places have cameras that might not or only have very limited coverage. I, too, am at a high theft store. Our shortage last year exceeded $1.5 million, excluding operational shortage. Just theft. We have cameras at the entrance to the fitting room and a pinhole in the little alleyway, but they are both set such that the inside of any fitting room is not visible.

No way you can put cameras inside a fitting room. People undressing on camera that's a lawsuit waiting to happen

You are correct. It is physically possible to put a camera in the fitting room, but this does not happen for any of three reasons, invasion of privacy and legal issues, the fact that if (read: when) AP Oversight saw it, they’d all collectively crap their pants and whichever AP leader installed them would “move on to seek great opportunities elsewhere.” Also, there is not really any concrete benefit to this, without getting into specifics, when the fitting rooms are involved, AP directives become much more restrictive.

Your AP might say there are cameras in the fitting rooms, but I can guarantee the individual rooms do not have cameras. We say lots of places have cameras that might not or only have very limited coverage. I, too, am at a high theft store. Our shortage last year exceeded $1.5 million, excluding operational shortage. Just theft. We have cameras at the entrance to the fitting room and a pinhole in the little alleyway, but they are both set such that the inside of any fitting room is not visible.

You are correct. It is physically possible to put a camera in the fitting room, but this does not happen for any of three reasons, invasion of privacy and legal issues, the fact that if (read: when) AP Oversight saw it, they’d all collectively crap their pants and whichever AP leader installed them would “move on to seek great opportunities elsewhere.” Also, there is not really any concrete benefit to this, without getting into specifics, when the fitting rooms are involved, AP directives become much more restrictive.
Well I am telling you there are cameras in our fitting room, there is a sign that says so, #blackguestmatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back