OPU expert to do pth/stowing only

DBZ

Are other stores having one person doing all the stowing of orders/put to hold. My store is getting this update. The flex TM will pass the cart to the OPU expert who will stow the orders while the flex tm moves onto the next batch. I'm just wondering how this is working out for other stores

We have the volume and I think it’s a good change. The dedicated TMs will do a better job of keeping things together and no putting 15 cans and 4 jugs of juice in one giant bag. I think it’ll definitely help keep things organized during 4th quarter.

What if 3 orders come in at the same time with 10 minutes left. It’s just not going to work in my opinion. It’s a good idea but I feel like there are rushes when orders need to be bagged and stowed.

idk about you but i’m already pulling team members from the checklanes and compromising guest experience at checkout just to support my service desk and drive up volume. the idea of my team having time to sit there and bag fulfillment orders without a significant increase in payroll is, to be frank, laughable. and since there will not be a significant increase in payroll, i expect the “service advocate handles put to hold” pilot to die on the vine

idk the amount of time I see service advocates standing around doing nothing... "we gotta have 3 at drive up in case there is a pop up". Maybe it isn't like this at your store, but it is at mine. It could work. I'm sure it will depend on the store. My old SD would take hours from the checklanes to help GM.

idk about you but i’m already pulling team members from the checklanes and compromising guest experience at checkout just to support my service desk and drive up volume. the idea of my team having time to sit there and bag fulfillment orders without a significant increase in payroll is, to be frank, laughable. and since there will not be a significant increase in payroll, i expect the “service advocate handles put to hold” pilot to die on the vine
Yea my stores been pulling cashiers to service desk and driveups, then pulling extra tm's from the sales floor... it works intrestingly

Yea my stores been pulling cashiers to service desk and driveups, then pulling extra tm's from the sales floor... it works intrestingly

That was us pretty much every day in Q4 and early Q1. The Front End Leads call Checkout Advocates to back up Order Pickup while replacing them with Salesfloor TMs, while at the same time, the Flex Fulfillment Leads are calling backup from the Salesfloor to Pick Flex, leaving the Salesfloor pretty much empty (outside of Electronics, Bakery, and Deli) because everyone is Cashiering, Picking orders, or delivering orders to cars.

What if 3 orders come in at the same time with 10 minutes left. It’s just not going to work in my opinion. It’s a good idea but I feel like there are rushes when orders need to be bagged and stowed.
Based off of the wording it seems like the pickup timer ends when the batch is complete. The bagging and stowing part won't be part of that timer.

Is there a timer for the bagger? Do they have a metric? For those of you doing it, is there anything you suggest to make it work better?

Based off of the wording it seems like the pickup timer ends when the batch is complete. The bagging and stowing part won't be part of that timer.

I think you are thinking of the flex TMs pick rate.

Sounds like a great idea to me - as long as it is consistently supported. Hopefully a tm is scheduled there and can do other things if not busy.
When very busy hopefully guest service/ SETL could help out for a few minutes.

I've
That was us pretty much every day in Q4 and early Q1. The Front End Leads call Checkout Advocates to back up Order Pickup while replacing them with Salesfloor TMs, while at the same time, the Flex Fulfillment Leads are calling backup from the Salesfloor to Pick Flex, leaving the Salesfloor pretty much empty (outside of Electronics, Bakery, and Deli) because everyone is Cashiering, Picking orders, or delivering orders to cars.
Ive been the only tm on the sales floor before and couldn't leave tech... but then i ended up doing the race track circuit answering button calls then delivering items to guests in a very round robin fashion.

It is. The time for a batch starts at 1:30 and keeps going down until the last bag is stowed.

Is there a timer for the bagger? Do they have a metric? For those of you doing it, is there anything you suggest to make it work better?
OPU isn't my department, but I will try since I was trained in the new way yesterday. From what I understand, as soon as you jump into a Grocery Pick, you only have 20 minutes to pick the order AND put it to hold. Unlike the Regular Picks, you'll still have whatever time is left from when the order came in. This is for food safety, I think.

I work in one of the busiest Tagets in this country. So far, we don't need any dedicated team members to put items into hold. I mean, think about it, did we ever really need them before? Before, We had to jump out of the batch and have someone scan our tag, right? A whole extra two steps. Right now, we have to go into my day, fulfillment, into hold—same shit. I feel it's unnecessary right now, but it is worth a try, and it can work in some settings and if done correctly.

I like the fact of having one person responsible for picking and putting it into hold, though. When you put someone else's batch into hold is your TM number tied to that batch as the TM that put the batch into hold? If not, then this may be a problem, I believe. Again I only support OPU and fulfillment, so I don't fully understand the process yet.

Having drive-up do it makes at least some sense. I always hear how much they complain about how stuff is stowed, some of it is justified, and then they'll be the ones to put it to hold and also remove it. Drive-up always lags behind opu volume, so when opu is slammed drive-up really isn't, as long as they get 2 more people to stow instead of stealing from the ones already scheduled

The wording is misleading and led our team to a couple of red picks today. Bagging is still part of pick (look at the timer... still running), while stowing is not. IMO this is simply DUMB. Bagging should be part of stowing.

Back