Archived Ordered a Book Online, Recieved the Wrong Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I ordered a SIGNED book online back in December. The book wasn't released until yesterday, so I only just got the book in the mail today. However, when I happily open the cover to see the signature from one of my favorite authors, I realized the book WASNT SIGNED. So now I'm really ticked off because I specifically selected the SIGNED book and even in my emails and conformations it clearly states that I ordered the signed book. Now I know this was just a mistake, and these things happen, but it's just really frustrating to expect a signature and receive and empty page.

So now I can't decide what to do. I thought of exchanging it online, but from what I saw I can only return it, but I don't want to return it only to have to order it again, and still get an unsigned book. So I thought of maybe exchanging it in store. So I went to my store tonight, and we don't even have the book! It was supposed to be put out yesterday, and it clearly isn't. When I looked online at the book, it says I can pick it up in store and that my store (and all the others in my city) have it in stock, but like I said before, it hasn't been put out.

Any advice or opinions on what I can do?
(The book is All Falls Down by Ally Carter)

Okay so I ordered a SIGNED book online back in December. The book wasn't released until yesterday, so I only just got the book in the mail today. However, when I happily open the cover to see the signature from one of my favorite authors, I realized the book WASNT SIGNED. So now I'm really ticked off because I specifically selected the SIGNED book and even in my emails and conformations it clearly states that I ordered the signed book. Now I know this was just a mistake, and these things happen, but it's just really frustrating to expect a signature and receive and empty page.

So now I can't decide what to do. I thought of exchanging it online, but from what I saw I can only return it, but I don't want to return it only to have to order it again, and still get an unsigned book. So I thought of maybe exchanging it in store. So I went to my store tonight, and we don't even have the book! It was supposed to be put out yesterday, and it clearly isn't. When I looked online at the book, it says I can pick it up in store and that my store (and all the others in my city) have it in stock, but like I said before, it hasn't been put out.

Any advice or opinions on what I can do?
(The book is All Falls Down by Ally Carter)
call target.com guest relations. argue with them to get a signed book. target stores might have one but its limited to on hand. we are really limited on online returns.

call target.com guest relations. argue with them to get a signed book. target stores might have one but its limited to on hand. we are really limited on online returns.

Do you happen to have the number or know where I can find it?

Thank you! I called the number and they're telling me they don't have any signed ones and it was never available as signed. So now I'm going to email them and send screenshots of my confirmation order because they all say I ordered the signed ones. Even when I went to the store today I talked to electronics and the TM said that we had two out, but none in back and when we went over to look at the books none were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back