Org chart and changes

yeah about that.
every single DTL, GTL, xBP comes tolling through our store none of them bow down from their pedestal to talk to the peons.
that fuzzy mold encrusted censor has been that way for over a year. ya think the old STL or our new one might at least once have taken a look in the dairy cooler to see this thing?

The culture in our store comes from the mothership it all filters down from the mothership. no one is going to speak out against the "new and exciting things" coming from HQ, none of them. no one is going to speak truth to power. Target has a bad habit of making those that speak up go away.
You are saying that your SD is 100% fully aware that there is mold in the cooler and does not care? Or that if he tried address any other issues he would fired?

You are saying that your SD is 100% fully aware that there is mold in the cooler and does not care? Or that if he tried address any other issues he would fired?
they have no other option than knowing about the mold as they are in charge of the store all of it. beyond that if you walk into the cooler you see it. the node is in view on the ceiling as you walk in. so yeah any one that goes in there sees it. the Wacos in the cooler have mold in them. the fixtures on the floor have mold or juice of what ever ground up animal leaked on to them. is it a health hazard? no idea is it disgusting? yep. You could probably go into any grocery store and see the same thing "dirty secret" of the industry kinda thing you see on YouTube.

and no I am not going say anything else to them I've told them a few times already and quite frankly I gotta eat so I'm not going to speak to loudly or often on this. I just don't buy produce or meat from the store I work at.

if any STL or any management team of any store speak against the party line they will soon be looking for a new job. that's how this company rolls we all know this. see something, say some thing and watch your hours and your paycheck crater. kiss the bum bum and watch it rise to the sky.

side note I have not tested it nor am I an expert in such things so it might not meet the legal definition of mold but yeah it's black with accumulated dust and what ever else that the condensers blow onto it. so could just be… mold mildew dead people who knows? but that black crud in the wacos and fixtures? yeah that's mold.

We have SFS and OPU and are higher volume than that store and we don’t have a fulfillment lead. It will be helpful to get one so our current TL’s aren’t stretched so thin.
So it's probably going to be stores that have OPU and SFS. There's a few ULV stores in my district that have OPU but don't have SFS. ULV stores tend to not have SFS just due to sheer volume of merchandise available. I think that's kind of dumb on Targets' part. They could really leverage those ULV stores in stocks for online sales and take some heat off of some of the other stores. Cost ratio of bulk pickups from UPS can't cost the company more than the sales it brings. Unless what they're worried about is too much volume coming from ULV stores wrecking their in stock availability to in store guests.

Praying for all current HRTL's as their current job is being eliminated. Be ok with accepting a new role (maybe fulfillment tl) or finding a new job 😔 I feel for the good ones that had a passion for HR.

safe oh my you are thinking of the wrong definition of safe and who and what we are keeping safe
i’m sorry your store is such a miserable shitfest that it’s embittered you this way, i hope you find something better in the future

So it's probably going to be stores that have OPU and SFS. There's a few ULV stores in my district that have OPU but don't have SFS. ULV stores tend to not have SFS just due to sheer volume of merchandise available. I think that's kind of dumb on Targets' part. They could really leverage those ULV stores in stocks for online sales and take some heat off of some of the other stores. Cost ratio of bulk pickups from UPS can't cost the company more than the sales it brings. Unless what they're worried about is too much volume coming from ULV stores wrecking their in stock availability to in store guests.
I think it is about the size of the backroom and how many pack stations (if any) you can fit. One of the higher volume stores around me has no space for sfs, but 2 smaller volume stores have multiple pack stations.

I think it is about the size of the backroom and how many pack stations (if any) you can fit. One of the higher volume stores around me has no space for sfs, but 2 smaller volume stores have multiple pack stations.

That is the correct answer. My store is not an ULV and we don't have SFS. We're just an old store in a smaller building than most with no room in the back for pack stations. When we had our last big remodel, SFS was not yet a thing. We have been told it's coming for two years now when we get our next remodel. That was supposed to be this year, but it's on hold due to Covid.

I haven't heard if we gained a fulfillment TL. Most of our high level leadership is currently out for various reasons.

I think it also has to do with if the store was built to handle more sales. Some stores do lots of sales then the community is built around them, more stores open up, more competition, then sales drop. There are supert’s out there only doing 30-50 mil a year. They can handle so much more. Stores like this near me have huge sfs areas and do more than 1000 orders a day on a slow day. Cause adding all these orders still keeps the store unloading 1 truck a day which is manageable.

My store is in the 30-50 mil/year range. On a daily basis, we do at least 15-20% of our sales from SFS. Add in OPU/DU and that's a good chunk of our sales. And when it gets turned off, it's a big hit. We have 3 pack stations and tbh, the whole SFS is incredibly stressful for everyone.

they have no other option than knowing about the mold as they are in charge of the store all of it. beyond that if you walk into the cooler you see it. the node is in view on the ceiling as you walk in. so yeah any one that goes in there sees it. the Wacos in the cooler have mold in them. the fixtures on the floor have mold or juice of what ever ground up animal leaked on to them. is it a health hazard? no idea is it disgusting? yep. You could probably go into any grocery store and see the same thing "dirty secret" of the industry kinda thing you see on YouTube.

and no I am not going say anything else to them I've told them a few times already and quite frankly I gotta eat so I'm not going to speak to loudly or often on this. I just don't buy produce or meat from the store I work at.

if any STL or any management team of any store speak against the party line they will soon be looking for a new job. that's how this company rolls we all know this. see something, say some thing and watch your hours and your paycheck crater. kiss the bum bum and watch it rise to the sky.

side note I have not tested it nor am I an expert in such things so it might not meet the legal definition of mold but yeah it's black with accumulated dust and what ever else that the condensers blow onto it. so could just be… mold mildew dead people who knows? but that black crud in the wacos and fixtures? yeah that's mold.

I take it no one (including you) has bothered to place a workorder thru myHelp for the PML for this? I never bring this kind of stuff up to leadership as they are too lazy to use myHelp. I either talk directly to the PML or place a workorder for him.

Side note: not judging you if you haven't done this. Many TMs don't know they can.

Last edited:
I take it no one (including you) has bothered to place a workorder thru myHelp for the PML for this? I never being this kind of stuff up to leadership as they are too lazy to use myHelp. I either talk directly to the PML or place a workorder for him.

Side note: not judging you if you haven't done this. Many TMs don't know they can.
Hey how do I get to the ticketing function in my help what option is it?

Any idea if the FOTL will be an addition in every store, or will they merge the GM3 with fulfillment in lower volume stores that don't really need that TL?

Grab the orange doom spray, some blue gloves paper towels and clean the mold then.
Wouldn't this be considered a non-food/water clean up? Tm's are not authorized to clean this. Then again, TM's are authorized to clean up what could be a virus, so I guess it's ok.

Stupid question I know . But what does a GMTL3 owns?
Depends on the store, but most stores I've been to have it as the midshift priority 2 TL. So usually some combination of toys, sporting goods, entertainment, seasonal/mini, infant hardlines, checklanes/bullseye/giftcards, and/or plano and/or fulfillment if there isn't a fulfillment ops TL

Depends on the store, but most stores I've been to have it as the midshift priority 2 TL. So usually some combination of toys, sporting goods, entertainment, seasonal/mini, infant hardlines, checklanes/bullseye/giftcards, and/or plano and/or fulfillment if there isn't a fulfillment ops TL
In that case I guess gmtl3 is for smaller format stores.

Same. Except mini belongs to grocery cause it’s food. And seasonal goes to the tl with home.

In that case I guess gmtl3 is for smaller format stores.
Can be, but not necessarily. The base model from modernization calls for 3 GMTLs. I've been at a few 60something million supers and a few 60 million p-fresh store and they all only had 3 GMTLs in their headcount. One owns P1/Inbound, One owns half of P2/plano, and the other will have the other half of P2/fulfillment. I know your store is crazy mega high volume though and has a ton of TLs, but that is more the exception than the rule!

Back